Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an 1/8 mile race, how fast do you guys think the average stock suspension grudge car is? I mean the run of the mill house of hook saturday night type guys. High 5s? low 5s?

Some of them look fast as hell, but when you time them with a stopwatch (and I do) the results are questionable. so if I was sure enough wanting to win a little money grudge racing, how fast would I need to be?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,108 Posts
ASK THE GUYS IN THE STANDS WITH THE STOP WATCHES! :p

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
So if you can run .30s to .40s its quick?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Down here they are in the low 5's . last year they where going mid .50's to .30's now its LOW 5 to high 4's

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there such a thing as an average grudge car?

Yes. You know the type. G-body Cutlass/Regal/Malibu with a stout small block on spray, 28x10 tires, gutted interior. If you've ever been to a track on grudge night you know exactly what I'm talking about.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To clarify, I'm not talking big money grudge like Money Green, Rock, Chris Tuten, and Killin' Time. I'm talkin' run of the mill $500 a race bullshit.

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The reason I ask is that I've been tinkering with this ol' truck that looks like stir fried shit but pure hauls fucking ass and is as consistent as a bracket car. We were kinda wondering about trying to gamble a little with it, because its ALOT faster than it looks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The cars at Milan are slow--I dont think anyone is running 5s in the 1/8
They must be, heck my street car runs 5.9 in the 1/8 .

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Is there such a thing as an average grudge car?

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

But the real reason you will never know how fast the grudge cars are is,

If the guy driving the Grudge car has any brains, then his car is a fender faster than the car he is racing and if the car he is racing is smoking fast he should take a dive, just like in pool, you can play and mostly beat 80% of the pool hall hustlers every week, but you beat a real player once you will never play another money game again.....

Because of this if you line up next to a guy where most of the cars are 5.40s cars and you can go a 4.90 on a good track and the guy you are racing starts running a 5.10 instead of beating him, take a dive...there is a lot more money racing the 40 local cars that run between 5.60 and 5.30 than there is racing the 3-4 that run 5.10s to 4.90s....Well thats my theory on hustlin and I am sticking with it!!

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
The reason I ask is that I've been tinkering with this ol' truck that looks like stir fried shit but pure hauls fucking ass and is as consistent as a bracket car. We were kinda wondering about trying to gamble a little with it, because its ALOT faster than it looks.

Scared money wont make money.............. Stick your neck out there and test the waters.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
just blew your cover...

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Charles down here in south FL we have alot of grudge car like that, they look slow and like they are falling apart no paint no cage and are running mid to low 5's

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I would say 5.30 is the norm with a SB, carb and spray. Go to any track 5.0s is not easy let alone a SB unless you have foggers and neal heads.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts