Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
That's awesome. been a long time since I've heard praise about any new Nitro tire.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
This is interesting:
The weekend was the first professional use of the innovative cooling system recently installed below the surface of the Bandimere track. Cool water is circulated through a series of pipes below the concrete to keep the racing surface cooler over the first 150 feet of the racetrack. The idea was to help generate traction at the starting line and it drew rave reviews from the drivers.

How many other tracks have this type of system? Seems like you could also use it to raise the temp of a track that was too cold.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
This is interesting:
The weekend was the first professional use of the innovative cooling system recently installed below the surface of the Bandimere track. Cool water is circulated through a series of pipes below the concrete to keep the racing surface cooler over the first 150 feet of the racetrack. The idea was to help generate traction at the starting line and it drew rave reviews from the drivers.

How many other tracks have this type of system? Seems like you could also use it to raise the temp of a track that was too cold.
I hate to highjack too much here, but I was kind of disappointed that ESPN and NHRA couldn't have given Caterpillar 10 seconds of air with Rod Fuller and a Cat rep talking about their equipment doing the work of cooling the track, running reliably all weekend in the heat, etc. Might have been a nice gesture to them for stepping up and funding Fuller's car. They missed a huge opportunity right there. Maybe none of the David Powers PR folks even thought about it, who knows.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I hate to highjack too much here, but I was kind of disappointed that ESPN and NHRA couldn't have given Caterpillar 10 seconds of air with Rod Fuller and a Cat rep talking about their equipment doing the work of cooling the track, running reliably all weekend in the heat, etc. Might have been a nice gesture to them for stepping up and funding Fuller's car. They missed a huge opportunity right there. Maybe none of the David Powers PR folks even thought about it, who knows.
They just did the CAT equipment worked great to dig these drainage ditches at Norwalk thing recently . . . . It's not really ESPN or NHRA job to push a driver/car sponsor, if you can't get yourself on television your doing it wrong . . . .

·
T/S 368E
33,623 Posts

The 1st I heard was when the new Dallas track was supposed to get them for heating & cooling.
Since it was never built I haven't heard of anyone else trying it. I've always thought it was an excellent idea.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
I think there is a track in Alaska that has a heated starting pad. They paid the Skinny Kid Olds to come up there if I remember right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts