Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they ran the first session off between 10 and 11:45
Tells you what the poor car count they have across approximately 8 divisions
So instead of running the program along they're making the poor paying spectator wait till the next session at one and the track is completely Idol now.
I'm sorry I came should have just watched it on speedvideo but I'm an hour and a half south of here so I came
Is it any wonder why they call it drag racing

·
Registered
79 Posts
I only live about 20 minutes from the track, but I have quit going out there. They are terrible at getting a flow going. The new owner is mainly interested in import stuff. I watched the Snowbirds and told my wife, this is the biggest race of the year for them (saturday) based on crowd and they put on a terrible show. The normal dragging/track prep was not the culprit, they just had no reason gaps. It was terrible.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're completely correct on that.
When did the new owner take over.
I've been to that race many times and also the Street nationals the end of January.
Alwaya a great run show, but this was absolutely disgusting.
They wouldn't even let one carry in a sealed water bottle.
The crowd was enormous.
The owner made a killing at the gate and way overpriced concessions.

I heard many around me complaining about the two BIG delays between qualifying.
Perhaps the racers knew beforehand and hence the very low car counts.

Oh well, I know I'll never return.

·
I kill parts
9,832 Posts
There were at least two full length oil-downs, length of the track surface and the shut-down. That's a MAJOR clean up, so ya kinda have to give them some allowance on that.

I think it could have been run a bit quicker, but on the other hand there were several big improvements to both the facility and the maintenance throughout the weekend(trash cans stayed empty, etc). Track surface was good all weekend, even in the evenings.

Pro Mod had a lower count than I would have expected and there were 6-7 632 cars that couldn't make it for various reasons, but aside from that it seemed about on par to what it has been the past few years. Ultra and LDR have been getting lower and lower. Heavy has never had a strong following at BMP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts