Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy some skis, have demo'd k2 shockwaves, Rossignol s86's and this weekend I am skiing on Volkl ac30's and K2 aftershocks.

What are you skiing on and how well do you like them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
The slowest shit I can put my feet on.....toooooooo many bad experiences it the past

·
Registered
298 Posts
What do you ski? Steeps, bumps, powder, with the kids? I went with Volkl Kendos this year. It's an all mountain ski that's fairly wide under the foot. I think they call it a 40/60 ski - 40 front side/60 back side. They ski like a dream. For me it came down to Volkl Kendos, Volkl Mantras, or K2 Aftershocks. The Kendo won out since the store made me a hell of deal on them.

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,135 Posts
i have a set of 2009 K2 apache sabre's they work pretty good for me ..... might up grade to some better ones next season and some new boots .

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
I have a set of Rossignols in the closet.I quit going because I couldn't find anyone that would go anymore.It's ablast to snow ski.

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought the Volkl AC30's and my wife got K2 True luv's. The Volkls blew all the other stuff I demoed away. My wife really liked the K2's she also skied on Volkl Luna's, but they were too powerful for her, which is just fine with me...saved me $200.

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been watching e bay for them and there are some deals to be had on the AC30's. The local shop let us demo for free so I paid a little more for their service.

·
BRUINS FTW!!!
3,085 Posts
salomon x screams, had them since I used to race, can't see the point in buying newer skis

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I havent skied in 2 years since I moved to the swamp, but I still have my 2005 Rossignol Scratch skis. They are a bad ass twin tip. Great all mountain ski. I will be using them next year.

·
Registered
854 Posts
still beating on a pair of salomon spaceframe 1080s 181s orange top/yellow bottom twin tips, havent nutted up to buying a new pair when these are still working just fine

·
Registered
348 Posts
Have a set of Salomon pocket rockets for deep days, have a set of Dynastar 4x4's for all mountain, and a set of Atomic race gs for groomed days that I want to fly. (have a friend who's little brother is on a ski team so I buy up his year old sponsored skis)

I used to be out 35-40 days a year, this year I went out twice. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts