1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snow Day!!

went out to blow snow at 4 am
and the blades where frozen with ice.
so I tried the best I could to do it with a scraper,then I got the idea of using my propane torch to heat it up.so I did that for awhile.
that slowed my down for awile.
so then I get my driveway all done,go in the house had the G/F call and tell them I was running a bit late cause of the frozen blower.
wow the roads sucked.
I live on a highway and I was the plow.
take that back the shoulder was plowed for about a mile,then I was the plow.
and the cars in the ditches was to many to keep track of.

and then the plow took out my mailbox!!!

then I get to work only 4 minutes late,and as I walk in they say ..."Hey where closing down the place"

I said "I ain't going home the road back is filled with more cars than on the way here"

but I'm back home now...

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
they called us off yesterday ... we have drift in the back yard that looks like 6 feet high ....

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
been up since about 4am checking with work to see what the status is and talking to a buddy that went to work who is now on his way home. we have about 65 trucks in our detroit terminal and not one of them went out today and there was no way i was going to go out trucking in this crap, just not worth it. of our 7 or 8 terminals we have in the u.s. only 2 were not affected by the storm, the rest shut down.

·
Jack Stand Racer
6,464 Posts
yep best to stay home... i work out doors and i have no clue how we are going to get anything done tomorrow ????

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Looking like I'm not going to make it either. Roads aren't plowed, and my county is saying emergency vehicles only.

·
Registered
253 Posts
It going to be more like a "Shoveling Snow Day" we got arounf 20" here and the wind is suppose to be 30 to 40 mph later today. This sucks!

·
"I like money" More Plz!
3,004 Posts
Post Pics!!!!!

·
"I like money" More Plz!
3,004 Posts
Of What? Hold a piece of copy paper up in front of your face and thats what my camera would show right now. This shit aint right.

After the fact will be fine then...

Just like snow, since we don't get much down here..

·
Registered
8,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Post Pics!!!!!
I got up at 4 am and blew the snow to get to work,only to find out that they closed.
so I came home.
took these pics at 9 am,there 3" of new snow on the ground.
been blowing and drifting as well.

·
Registered
789 Posts
After the fact will be fine then...

Just like snow, since we don't get much down here..
Hey Big Swole, sorry I didnt mean to sound like a Dick. I woke up to Thunder Snow this morning, Freaked out.
Rich, I took these in the Glennie area about a half hour ago and as I type I cant see the end of the driveway now.

I think the girls were Happy to see me this morning.

Somewhere out there is a circle driveway.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I call that forcast still and clear... still snowing and clear up to your ass

1 - 20 of 26 Posts