Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does everyone doubt anything they see on the internet, but if they see it on snopes.com it has to be true. Isn't snopes on the internet?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I check Snopes but I don't take everything they say to the bank. In fact I posted a similair post a few months ago asking if there were other info check sites besides Snopes. They seem bias at times. RM

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
I check Snopes but I don't take everything they say to the bank. In fact I posted a similair post a few months ago asking if there were other info check sites besides Snopes. They seem bias at times. RM
I just snopes your statement and it said you never mentioned it in any other post :smt102

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
If it's on the internet it has to be true...right???

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I just snopes your statement and it said you never mentioned it in any other post :smt102

Just goes to further prove my point doesn't it. :yawinkle: LOL. RM

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

I think you were asked for an example of this bias last time and you didn't produce. I would still be interested in what you consider biased. Biggs believes anything that doesn't come from FoxNews is biased.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
They told a lie about a Marine and Starbucks that was proven wrong, because I knew the Marine personally that the story was made up about.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
Howard was fed a line of shit by someone wrote the letter, and later retracted it.

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
Greg

here is the apology:

Almost 5 months ago I sent an e-mail to you my faithful friends. I did a wrong thing that needs to be cleared up. I heard by word of mouth about how Starbucks said they didn't support the war and all. I was having enough of that kind of talk and didn't do my research properly like I should have. This is not true. Starbucks supports men and women in uniform. They have personally contacted me and I have been sent many copies of their company's policy on this issue. So I apologize for this quick and wrong letter that I sent out to you.

Now I ask that you all pass this email around to everyone you passed the last one to. Thank you very much for understanding about this.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I think you were asked for an example of this bias last time and you didn't produce. I would still be interested in what you consider biased. Biggs believes anything that doesn't come from FoxNews is biased.
I can't recall what I checked that caused me to post that question. But at various times I check things and just feel the response from Snopes strikes me as biased. Much like NBC seems very liberal in about everything they report. I'm tired of New Orleans and wonder what is happening to the states that were flooded out a few months ago. Brian Williams hasn't been back to report on their situation or even mentioned them. Is that a fact or just an impression? There are other news programs I can watch and compare to but only one Snopes. RM

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Look at it this way then... Snopes is accurate 99% of the time weeding out internet bullshit. 99% is good enough for me for a 30 second glance. If I really care I will check the sources listed and verify.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
No Michael unlike people like yourself I research...... Even though I have no intention of voting for OBAMA I am still watching the DNC Convention...... that way I will have heard with my own ears what people have said so I can tell when someone is "Spinning" something or using a "Sound Bite" out of context...... That how I make my informed decision on issues....... I even watch most Presidential speeches because we are only getting what the media wants us to see...... Thats how I keep myself informed and why I left being a life long ABC Viewer to watch FNC (and why FNC became no#1) So take your personal attacks of myself and FNC and shove them up your LIBERAL KNOW IT ALL ASS

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
and Mr Ray you were also wrong with all the EMails you sent me telling me that YB would never make it and we were a bunch of idiots for having Politics with drag racing and coverage of every race possible on a given weekend........ Not to shabby for some uncollege educated idiots huh???

·
Premium Member
102,308 Posts
and Mr Ray you were also wrong with all the EMails you sent me telling me that YB would never make it and we were a bunch of idiots for having Politics with drag racing and coverage of every race possible on a given weekend........ Not to shabby for some uncollege educated idiots huh???
Biggs,

one of these days you are really going to have to learn to speak your mind.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts