Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Josh and I started getting the car apart today and started making a list of stuff we are going to need. The car will be completely disassembled and sent back to Drummond Race Cars to have the chassis checked and o.k'd by Steve. We would like to do as much bussiness with YellowBullet members as possible so If you are a dealer for what we need or have parts please chime in and give us a price or p.m us and we will do what we can to keep all our business here. Thanks, Brian Painter

Here is a list of things so far: aerospace rear caliper and hat
rear quarter panel
upper and lower a arms
front shocks
doors
front subframe smith race craft style
1 piece glass front clip no hood
rear wheel 15x10 5'' bs 4 3/4 bp
black anodized beadlock ring
alumistar center
15x3 black anodized magnum
2 315 M/T and 2 M/T front runners
windshield
vaccum pump canister
wilwood master cylinder THANKS TO THE F'N FORKLIFT
headers

·
Sizeable Member
7,761 Posts
That sucks but at least *driver* isn't on the list. Best of luck to you guys with your rebuild.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I missed what happen to you guys Brian but heard it was pretty bad. Glad Josh is a-okay!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It may be time to make all the haters that thought to get light you had to have a cut up race car right. We had very little fiberglass on the car before the accident and was 3090lbs but now I guess we gonna hang some on it just to get it lighter so then what are they gonna call it a tin can? I see 2800lbs in our future.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I missed what happen to you guys Brian but heard it was pretty bad. Glad Josh is a-okay!
Yeah John, Josh is fine and that is the main thing in my book!!!! The car will be fixed in time and Josh and I will be out racing again!

·
THE PHENOMENAL ONE
12,638 Posts
Yeah John, Josh is fine and that is the main thing in my book!!!! The car will be fixed in time and Josh and I will be out racing again!
Dude if you need any help at all I'm 25 minutes up the road, I'd be more than happy to help in any way, hy I'm phuckin jobless so all I gots is time,lol, I'll send you a pm with my cell.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude if you need any help at all I'm 25 minutes up the road, I'd be more than happy to help in any way, hy I'm phuckin jobless so all I gots is time,lol, I'll send you a pm with my cell.
Thanks man, We are in the early stages right now but when we get rolling we may need some help. The only thing left to do is get engine and tranny out and the electronics out of it put it on some rollers and get it to Drummond. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement!!!! After all the hard work we have put into this its hard to look at it in the shape its in right now!

·
Registered
199 Posts
What front shocks were you using? And what bore size on the Wilwood? Pm me and I'll see what I can do to get you a tep closer to running again!

·
Smoke Em if you got Em
12,831 Posts
Thanks man, We are in the early stages right now but when we get rolling we may need some help. The only thing left to do is get engine and tranny out and the electronics out of it put it on some rollers and get it to Drummond. Thanks to everyone for the kind words and encouragement!!!! After all the hard work we have put into this its hard to look at it in the shape its in right now!
Sucks to see it man, Hope you get back soon. PS, you can't go to drummonds till my car is done!

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What front shocks were you using? And what bore size on the Wilwood? Pm me and I'll see what I can do to get you a tep closer to running again!
The shocks are strange single adjustable, we run stock coil springs up front so our a-rms still have the spring buckets, well they did have. We are thinking of upgrading to an afco double adjustable. I'll have to get the bore size for you may be tomorrow evening though, gotta catch up some home stuff today. Thanks for the response everything helps!!!!!

·
Registered
782 Posts

The bore size on the master cylinder is actually 7/8, we ran a Wilwood "pro street" style master cylinder (p/n 9439) cause no one else made a master cylinder with that bore size.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I know it's been mentioned numerous times, but the forklift deal still blows my mind.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yeah which is the reason for having to replace the master cylinder. The only thing on the driver side of the car that "needs" to be replaced.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It may be time to make all the haters that thought to get light you had to have a cut up race car right. We had very little fiberglass on the car before the accident and was 3090lbs but now I guess we gonna hang some on it just to get it lighter so then what are they gonna call it a tin can? I see 2800lbs in our future.
BB or SB? I don't remember.I like the car though.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sorry to hear it guys, hope you can get it back going soon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That sucks to hear guys.

I may have a few items of interest.

Afco D/A's just rebuilt by Afco...my spares

Lemons headers for tall deck with Burns mufflers...going short deck

I'm planning to go with Smith front clip also and will have a stock front clip for sale with all the race up grades.

Let me know and good luck with the repair.

Richard

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That sucks to hear guys.

I may have a few items of interest.

Afco D/A's just rebuilt by Afco...my spares

Lemons headers for tall deck with Burns mufflers...going short deck

I'm planning to go with Smith front clip also and will have a stock front clip for sale with all the race up grades.

Let me know and good luck with the repair.

Richard
P.M me a price on what you have please. Thanks

1 - 20 of 76 Posts