Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it has been hard work but I am happy with the results ,I sure it could be better but time and knowledge is not on my side but I think I will do pretty good for a dummy

·
Registered
6,765 Posts
:shock::shock::shock:

Dat dere is sum purty wowwww! What is that balancer? Never seen one like that before. Reluctor on it and all.... damn nice

·
Long Live The King
105,152 Posts
good luck

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
If it is not top secret, post some details about the engine. I am LS ignorant. Are those factory Heads and Block?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a 6 liter block like what comes in a 2500hd truck and the heads are GM castings that was cleaned up a little and a allpro manifold that took a lot of work because they cast those things to be cnc'ed so they are kinda small so that every thing cleanes up when they cnc it. The only trick thing is the vavle train which I will post some pics after we go to engine masters

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
It is a 6 liter block like what comes in a 2500hd truck and the heads are GM castings that was cleaned up a little and a allpro manifold that took a lot of work because they cast those things to be cnc'ed so they are kinda small so that every thing cleanes up when they cnc it. The only trick thing is the vavle train which I will post some pics after we go to engine masters
That's cool. I had thought about doing a build on one of those for a dirt track deal, but heard the factory heads are weak in the valve spring seat area. Is this true? What kind of solid roller spring pressures will they tolerate?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You would need to get an aftermarket casting for that deal they have some out that will take a big spring like what you would need

1 - 20 of 91 Posts