Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Upon going through the magazines I found a car Pete built called the vacuum cleaner. There were a few ideas he tried looking for the best was to harness power better. Unfortunately his inventions also cost him his life on a F.E.D. I will post those at the bottom.

He even used video cameras to watch areas of the car to see how it looked at speed, nobody else was doing that.

Here is the invention that was thought to have caused the front end to collapse and ultimately cause his final crash. Note the front tires compressed and the axle panhard bar bent.

·
Premium Member
49,668 Posts
I've seen pictures of the "Vacuum Cleaner" before. Freakin' bizarre!

·
Aviation Section
27,405 Posts
Pete was a trained engineer and a true innovator, he died way to young. That gear drive to get rid of the SOHC cam chain is a work of art, even Ed Pink admired him!

Dave

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Pete was just like Smokey. The jacks on the launch had me :smt082. Made Garlits cry like a little bitch.

·
Registered
15,522 Posts
Upon going through the magazines I found a car Pete built called the vacuum cleaner. There were a few ideas he tried looking for the best was to harness power better. Unfortunately his inventions also cost him his life on a F.E.D. I will post those at the bottom.

He even used video cameras to watch areas of the car to see how it looked at speed, nobody else was doing that.

Here is the invention that was thought to have caused the front end to collapse and ultimately cause his final crash. Note the front tires compressed and the axle panhard bar bent.

Looking at the 427 SOHC gear drive one could easily see that you unbolt the cylinder heads and lift them straight off the engine. No pushrods or rocker stand hassles.

Is it possible that the 427 SOHC was the ultimate fueler engine with just a little more development?

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,436 Posts
Looking at the 427 SOHC gear drive one could easily see that you unbolt the cylinder heads and lift them straight off the engine. No pushrods or rocker stand hassles.

Is it possible that the 427 SOHC was the ultimate fueler engine with just a little more development?

I would say yes very good idea, not sure why it was so short lived.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.