Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Literally!

Was finishing up on the dyno for the day. 4 of us were standing around the dyno with a car on it and one guy shouts, 'a snake!'. It was right at our feet. I'd guess it was about 4' long. My feathers are pretty hard to russle but I hate snakes. I grabbed a broomstick and got ahold of it but it turned back at me and I ran, lol. Made it's way over to a lift and climbed up into a car. Luckily a few minutes later a customer came by. He was fearless (unlike us pussies that were there) and got him out. Blew smoke at it and it fell right out of the car. Headed for the door and went down the sewer outside.

Anyone here know snakes? Curious as to what it was. Here are some hi res photos

http://www.modulardepot.com/snake/snake1h.jpg
http://www.modulardepot.com/snake/snake2h.jpg
http://www.modulardepot.com/snake/snake3h.jpg

Found this site

http://www.kentuckysnakes.org/

Maybe a water snake? We are in Northern Ky btw.

Ken

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
its a live snake, thats all the info i need...dont feel bad, if i had been there, i would have been standing 1 row behind the pussies...

kudos for not killing it...

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Abandon the shop...demolish the building...call the exterminator...or the terminator...I'm not going in there ever again...LOL

·
Habitual Linestepper
1,457 Posts
Looks kinda a like a Moccassin, shitloads of them around here.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
well, it's nothing dangerous, not a rattler, pit viper, or moccasin, wrong had type and baody markings, I'd go with rat or corn snake

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Abandon the shop...demolish the building...call the exterminator...or the terminator...I'm not going in there ever again...LOL

No shit, that's how snakes make me feel. And then I had to climb under the car to get the wideband out of the exhaust. I wonder if it came on the car. They were from a few hours away in rural Kentucky. I didn't want to kill it, but now I'm worried it's coming back. It climbed in the sewer and my guess is that's how it got in the shop in the first place. Just appeared out of no where and didn't come from the door.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
It's a snake, thats all I need to know.. I hate snakes. I'm a 6' 4" little girl when it comes to snakes. If I see a snake when I'm cutting grass, I put the deck down as far as it will go and chop it's ass up. Now I dont know for sure if a snake has a ass, but it dont matter when me and the mower get done with them.... By the way did i mention I hate snakes????

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Poor little snake musta been scared outta it's mind!

No doubt it's a Common Rat snake. That is the most prolific snake in the country. It has evolved to look like and mimic a Moccasin.

Imagine doing yard work all day, having consumed many cold beers. I had trimmed the shrubs and a couple trees out front. It was dusk, I had been standing in front of the house admiring my handiwork when I noticed a "twig" hanging from my gutters. So I took a rake handle and tried to knock it down, right?

The damn thing fell right on me! It was a snake about that size right there.. I just about peed myself on the spot! I screamed like a little girl! All the neighborhood kids started laughing at me! Mrs Ratchthed came out and began laughing at me.

I caught it and released it by the lake we live by... we get those allot at my place. I have a 5' snake skin from one in my tool box that I use to phuck w/ people.

Sounds like you boys had some fun today!

g

·
Registered
450 Posts
I thought I was one of few who hated snakes. it seems im not alone. the demolish the building would hold true for me also. very funny.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Screw that..... I hate snakes. I'd have been out the door faster than anyone else, that's for sure! Snakes...:smt098

1 - 20 of 100 Posts