Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone smoothed out one of these LS 5.3 Truck manifolds ? I keep seeing all these guys smoothing them out all over YouTube .Not body men though .Its a plastic called Nylon 66. Used for zip ties , spatulas . I reall y can't find any information on this plastic ,as far My question is what's the long term as far as body filler / gorilla hair adhering to the plastic . I mean with under hood temperatures and all will it lift ? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Im not farmilliar with the manifold but I do car bumpers all the time at work. I would suggest sand as much of the texture off as possible with 180 grit then use adhesion promoter and Flex primer to fill. I would also flex the topcoat. Heat / cold will cause some expanding and contracting so the flex additive will help with that. Good luck

·
43,997 Posts
I agree with working with the manifold material as much as possible before adding anything to the surface, but there are many two part epoxy repair materials made that will adhere to almost any plastic out there. The big question does remain,...how do they hold up to the heat of an engine?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts