Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are smoking the shit out of some crack rock if they think these cars are worth this much money.

1970 Chevelle - $6500 (Marietta Ga)

Date: 2011-10-05, 8:43AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1970 Chevelle SS Project Car

Has SS wheels, SS dash, SS hood, Console, 12 bolt, P/Disk P/Steering
Needs Floor pans, trunk pan and quarters need work
Needs Motor, Trans, and front seats
Price 6500 OBO
Can be delivered

Call, text or Email for more info
678 591 9135

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

1970 chevelle ss TRUE CAR - $7500 (FT . Payne.Al)

Date: 2011-09-30, 3:23PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

True SS , small block 4-spd. 12 bolt sway bar rear end, 78k , no ac, bucket seats console. Car was parked under deck of house for approx. 25years. Car is rusty. But is complete. DO NOT NEED HELP SELLING THIS CAR
Call 256-997-7798

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·
Hit Em In Da Mouf Racing
15,445 Posts
yep...they got crack in Georgia too ya know!

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the second one, it say true ss and then says small block. I know it doesn't say it came with the small block, and the air cleaner doesn't look like it is correct either, but it got me thinking, did they build any 1970 SS Chevelles with small blocks? I'm pretty sure you could get a small block SS in 71 and 72, but I don't know about 1970. Either way, imo these cars are far too rough for the money.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Nope!

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
The sad thing is that the first one would sell around here- the Rust & Salt Belt- pretty quickly.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Either way, imo these cars are far too rough for the money.
I'd have to disagree... They're worth what ever someone will pay for them! I drove 9 hours for one simply because it was solid and it wasn't anywhere near as complete as those cars!

I sold a Rust Bucket 70 with Bench seats for $1500 and the buyers were convinced they got an absolute steal! A roller with nothing!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I sold this one for $3500 a few months back. And it needed floor pans from the firewall back to the trunk. It also needed an entire new roof from the a-pillars to the b-pillars. The hood was shot, the trunk was more full of hoe's than a rap video. The engine was a 307, 2bb. Nothing special bench seat car. Like someone else said, cars are worth what someone is willing to pay.

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
I have one if you Rust belt people want a complete car... 70SS Shadow Grey over Black w/ Black Stripes.
Wish I could...the kid just got notified that ROTC funding got severely cut, so there's another $12k tuition to find by Jan. He doesn't have all of it, so there goes the racing fund. I do know someone who's looking for a four-eye and I'll pass it on. 396?

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
There is always a bunch of crap like that for sale on team chevelle. If there's a SS badge on the grille they think they've hit the lotto

·
BRUINS FTW!!!
3,085 Posts
My buddy sold a roller 70 last year for 3k. Totally gutted car with a front clipos held in by minimal bolts. Just a 350 malibu, they are worth the bucks up here somewhat solid.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I can get a 70 roller with all the interior and no patch work or replacing pans or quarters for $3500. Just a plain jane car, but solid and complete. To some guys, $7000 for a real deal SS car that needs everything is a deal. It is absolutely driven by where you live or how far are you willing to travel to find something nice (or have delivered). I see way more deals than I have money. Buy solid and complete and you will love yourself when and if you decide to make it a nice resto. I have done it both ways (solid and complete and basket case). Solid and complete was easier, cheaper and less stressful than the roller that was stripped.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
Wish I could...the kid just got notified that ROTC funding got severely cut, so there's another $12k tuition to find by Jan. He doesn't have all of it, so there goes the racing fund. I do know someone who's looking for a four-eye and I'll pass it on. 396?
Yes, complete two owner!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts