Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was messing around and made bacon wrapped smoked shrimp...

They were very good. I just use a little Old Bay and cooked over hickory.

Next time, 10 less min and bigger shrimp. Total cook time was 50 min @ 225.

·
Roll Tide!
2,629 Posts
I hope these turn out. I've got about 4lbs. of jumbos wrapped up and ready to go on the smoker. About 1/2 of them have a half jalapeno wrapped up in them too. :)

I'm going with 45 minutes at 225°

·
Roll Tide!
2,629 Posts
Not so much. I kinda changed gears with the smoker deal. I'm new to smoking so I'm learning as I go. I thought I had mastered ABT's on the grill, but I'm re-thinking that now that I have this smoker. Anything I've ever cooked on this smoker is better than anything I've ever cooked by other means... I'm pissed that I'm 30 something years old and just learned of the smoking paradigm. Every weekend is a journey to a new frontier...

·
Roll Tide!
2,629 Posts
The shrimp were phenomenal! I can't explain how much better they were compared to grilled. Next time I'll add some cheese- I think swiss would be nice, or a sharp cheddar.

The big difference for me was placing them in the smoker and forgetting about them for 45 minutes. When I grill them, it's constant battle to keep the grease fires at bay.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The shrimp were phenomenal! I can't explain how much better they were compared to grilled. Next time I'll add some cheese- I think swiss would be nice, or a sharp cheddar.

The big difference for me was placing them in the smoker and forgetting about them for 45 minutes. When I grill them, it's constant battle to keep the grease fires at bay.

What smoker do you have???

They look good! What rub/seasoning did you use?

If you ever need help, you can email me directly at [email protected] (Bama '91) ;)

·
Roll Tide!
2,629 Posts
I just sprinkled them with Tony's. They were wonderful :)

I have the Masterbuilt electric smoker from Lowes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts