Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using one of these and how do you like it? I have a first gen F-body that I have done the Lokar pedal and cable upgrade but it still works like crap. The cable stretchs and I had to weld a extra mount to stop the firewall flex. I am looking for something better any info would be great thanks.
Tedd

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Is anyone using one of these and how do you like it? I have a first gen F-body that I have done the Lokar pedal and cable upgrade but it still works like crap. The cable stretchs and I had to weld a extra mount to stop the firewall flex. I am looking for something better any info would be great thanks.
Tedd
I've got one on my car, just put it on last week. It's a lot better than the old LoKar setup I had on it, feels real nice and firm. I've got the race version that you have to cut a hole in the cowl above the pedal. The only thing I would change on it would be to not have a big hole in the bracket that attaches to the firewall as it's something you have to plug with something. I'd rather they make them solid on that.

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
I've got the race pedal in my Nova. I like it way better than any of the other setups I've had in the car. Like John, I didn't like the hole in the mounting bracket. I'm sure it was to make it lighter but I had to build an alum plate to cover the hole when I installed it. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guy's. Would any of you have pic's of the installed pedal? Thanks agian.
Tedd

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I've got one on my car, just put it on last week. It's a lot better than the old LoKar setup I had on it, feels real nice and firm. I've got the race version that you have to cut a hole in the cowl above the pedal. The only thing I would change on it would be to not have a big hole in the bracket that attaches to the firewall as it's something you have to plug with something. I'd rather they make them solid on that.

Any Pictures? Website has nothing.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Yes connects directly to the carb. It has heims on both ends plus the rod is also adjustable, it slides one side inside the other one and a series of holes with a clip for adjustment. Note: this is the race model, the top half of the linkage has to pass through the cowl area. THey make a street model also that is shorter and doesn't require cutting a hole in the cowl.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Yes connects directly to the carb. It has heims on both ends plus the rod is also adjustable, it slides one side inside the other one and a series of holes with a clip for adjustment. Note: this is the race model, the top half of the linkage has to pass through the cowl area. THey make a street model also that is shorter and doesn't require cutting a hole in the cowl.

Is the Chevelle in your avatar the car you installed it in?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
You need to call them, I bought mine on the introductory pricing. I think they are higher now.
I can get you guys a price in the morning. I am a dealer for them.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Sorry for the delay fellas. Couldnt open my new price list with my vintage excell program.:D
The stock style pedals where they go thru the stock opening go for 195. shipped. The Race style where you have to cut a hole for the rod to go thru go for 220. shipped. And addition of a toe hook brings it up to 245. shipped.
All these incluse all the hardware, rod ends, carb bushings, etc. And are shipped prices from thru me. Lemme know if I can help you out with any Smith Racecraft stuff.
Thanks, Jake

·
Registered
862 Posts
jake whats the difference betwee the race and stock style? will the stock style work with the taller manifolds and carb spacers? thanks john

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
jake whats the difference betwee the race and stock style? will the stock style work with the taller manifolds and carb spacers? thanks john
Stock style goes thru the stock opening much like a factory pedal assembly with the fulcrum bolting on the stock location. The race style is all inside the firewall with only the rod going thru an opening you drill like most "race cars" with fabricated firewalls would have. There are also interchangeable pedal pads between stock rubber and steel pad and optional toe return.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Jake - might want to mention that race style requires a slot in the cowl opening directly above the gas pedal to clear the upper arm - that's the section of the cowl where the windshield wiper motor would typically be located at.

Tell me more about the interchangeable pads? Mines steel, does he make a rubber / no slip cover for it? How much?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts