Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS RUNNING THE RACEPAK SMARTWIRE SYSTEM ON NITROUS APPLICATIONS? IF SO WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS?

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
ARE ANY OF YOU GUYS RUNNING THE RACEPAK SMARTWIRE SYSTEM ON NITROUS APPLICATIONS? IF SO WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS?
At this time, the drivers in the Smart Wire are NOT strong enough to drive a 4 solenoid nitrous system. It will require an external relay

Monte

·
Registered
605 Posts
At this time, the drivers in the Smart Wire are NOT strong enough to drive a 4 solenoid nitrous system. It will require an external relay

Monte
That is so far from the truth its not funny. We run 3 systems with the smartwire. It has worked flawlessly every pass. If you tie 2 drivers together it makes 40 amp circuits and you you have 8 20amp circuits. You can also tie 2 10amp circuits together to make 20amp.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
I should have said a SINGLE driver is not strong enough to drive a 4 solenoid nitrous system. And I am not trying to argue the subject, but what I posted above was what RACEPAK told a few of my customers to do. And you said yourself that the drivers were only 20 amps.............so, if you have a fuel pump, fan, etc, etc, etc and have a car with multiple systems(the guys I am referring to had 4) there is NOT enough single driver capacity to fire a 4 solenoid system. If you tied the {8} 20 amp drivers together to drive 4 nitrous systems, what will you drive other stuff with.

I am not knocking the Smart Wire, it is a great system and works great, but needs heavier drivers for nitrous, which is something they are working on. And that info is from RacePak

Monte

·
Registered
605 Posts
I should have said a SINGLE driver is not strong enough to drive a 4 solenoid nitrous system. And I am not trying to argue the subject, but what I posted above was what RACEPAK told a few of my customers to do. And you said yourself that the drivers were only 20 amps.............so, if you have a fuel pump, fan, etc, etc, etc and have a car with multiple systems(the guys I am referring to had 4) there is NOT enough single driver capacity to fire a 4 solenoid system. If you tied the {8} 20 amp drivers together to drive 4 nitrous systems, what will you drive other stuff with.

I am not knocking the Smart Wire, it is a great system and works great, but needs heavier drivers for nitrous, which is something they are working on. And that info is from RacePak

Monte
Not trying to argue but most cars don't have 4 + systems and I'm sure Racepak is stepping them up a little. I promise you this I'm glad I installed one on my car because it has given me ways to do stuff most would would never even imagine. Not saying you was knocking it just stating it will do very well with multiple systems unless your wanting to bank 4 plus systems then yes you would need relays.

·
Registered
201 Posts
A single Smartwire unit has a 125 capacity rating. This is the total capacity of the one unit.

The one unit has eight channels rated for 20amp max, and twenty-two channels rated at 10amp max.

The capacity is not a hard number per se (will not shut down right at 125) but it should not be pushed past it's limits for long periods of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts