Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
I shouldn't have even bothered.....you now owe me 42 seconds.....better make it good.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Hey, don't knock em until you tried em. I bought an '08 last week. They aren't made for drag racing. Take it on a winding road.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I heard that a guy hit a 30 lb dog and it totaled the smart car and sent the driver to the hospital to have the shifter removed from his ass. Have you heard about that?

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
The cars structure is basically a roll cage. Weak is the last thing those cars are..they use the same properties as a car from the 50's..and they are like that because in a crash they just use the bigger cars crumple zone...not its own, because they obviously dont have one.

Still surprised nobody here uses these things as a pit car / 3rd car back home. They cost about the same as a golf cart....and you will have something to get to work in if gas shoots up like it did in 08.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
http://www.safeandsmart.com/

Read some of these if you want to see what it does in an accident. I know you're just a dumb ass that made that up, but it's those stupid comments that give Smart a bad name.

It's like the moron that months back posted the photo of the "Smart" squished by 2 trucks. Enhancement of the pic showed it was an all steel Ford Escape with 5 lug wheels, not a Smart with 3 lug wheels and plastic body panels.

If you don't like them, say you don't like them. but don't make up stupid shit concerning the safety of the car.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Yes. You can drive it in auto mode, move the shifter to the left and "bump" shift the stick, or use the paddles. I'm 5' 11", 230 lbs and there is a ton of cabin room. It's got 70 HP and weighs about 1600 Lbs, so it moves along. The Tridion cell is like a NASCAR cage. Although EPA rates it at 33- 41 mpg, real life avg for most owners is 40-45mpg. Mine's blue, has plenty of bells and whistles- Panoramic roof, power steering, AC, AM/FM/CD, heated mirrors, power mirrors, power windows, heated seats. Good car for the money. Not for everybody, but good commuter car or back up car. Cheap to insure too.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I want to find one that's had front end damage. Cut off the damaged front end, install a front subframe, do a little tub work on the rear and make it into an altered. A mild SBC could easily power it into the 10's with little effort.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I want to find one that's had front end damage. Cut off the damaged front end, install a front subframe, do a little tub work on the rear and make it into an altered. A mild SBC could easily power it into the 10's with little effort.

Front end damage??? Im pretty sure if you hit anything with one it does more than front end damage.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts