Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the forum but I have been browsing the forums for years. I just picked up a 1998 S10 roller (non-drag truck roller/clean slate). I am planning on building a small tire truck and to hopefully race in Duck X's Street class. I have been around drag racing since I was a kid but I have been out of it for a number of years. The main reason for this post is to get some ideas on the build and maybe some pictures of some of the DXP Street cars to understand how far everyone is taking their builds (i.e. aluminum dash, fully gutted interior, suspension, etc.). I am also looking for some shops in the Southwest Florida area (Tampa South) to build the roll cage and possibly the engine. Any information or suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13,987 Posts
Hi everyone, new to the forum but I have been browsing the forums for years. I just picked up a 1998 S10 roller (non-drag truck roller/clean slate). I am planning on building a small tire truck and to hopefully race in Duck X's Street class. I have been around drag racing since I was a kid but I have been out of it for a number of years. The main reason for this post is to get some ideas on the build and maybe some pictures of some of the DXP Street cars to understand how far everyone is taking their builds (i.e. aluminum dash, fully gutted interior, suspension, etc.). I am also looking for some shops in the Southwest Florida area (Tampa South) to build the roll cage and possibly the engine. Any information or suggestions you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
You may find some useful information in this older thread about DXP Street:

Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,868 Posts
If it's a street class, I doubt they're allowed aluminum dash and stripped interiors.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Call Davis Stevens at NBS Performance in St Pete.
5643 70th Ave N, Pinellas Park, FL 33781
(727) 541-1833

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Troy Jr at Innovative built one of the baddest small tire S10's known, and between him and his dad they have a wealth of knowledge on exactly what you're looking to do.
Thank you, I've actually looked into their company as I have seen some of the amazing cars and trucks they build. I will be at the Magic 8 race this Friday and I'm hoping I can talk with some people while I am there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts