Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smt102Im running a Ford racing balancer internal balance. M-6316-c351 the rubber elastomer from inner ring coming out. So many different brands to choose from.The motor turns about 8500 rpms. The ford piece lasted about 126 1/8 mile passes. leaning towards ati but costly. Any recommendations.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
You'll hear alot in favor of the ATI, and it's a good piece. Will likely have to have the hub honed to fit properly though. I run the TCI rattler, no problems whatsoever. There's also Fluidampr, Innovators west, and a couple of others. Really comes down to what you want to spend, but thing to remember is not to skimp here. A good damper will be worth what you pay for it. A cheap one can end up costing you alot more in the long run.

·
Big Block Killer
1,011 Posts
ATI or Innovators West

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I ran an Innovaters West on my 434 for 20 years no problem I did have to hone fit to crank thou. I have a ATI on my BBC now, I would buy both no problem.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
ATI

·
Big Block Killer
1,011 Posts
romac is nice too
IMHO Romac would not be best suited for this application. Maybe an engine turning 2500 fewer RPM max. It'd also work well on a street engine used for occasional fun but not here, this deal turns up too high IMO

·
God's servant Romans 13:4
6,798 Posts
Innovators West

1 - 17 of 17 Posts