Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a clean & nice looking alternator bracket set up for a SBF with front motor plate and electric water pump. I am going to be using a Jones Racing Mini Alternator. Has to mount on the passenger side of engine to accomadate everything else I got mounted. Yates heads & 9.5" deck if that matters. Let me know if you know anyone or a company that can help me! Yes I did a search and didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks !

Blake Yount

·
Registered
17,085 Posts
Don't necessarily have to make it complicated. You can support the alternator by using a bolt into the head with a 1" diameter aluminum spacer - just like they did on many of the 60's ford small blocks. Then just fabricate something like a 5/8" aluminum shaft with spherical rod ends to hold the tension.

·
Thread Killer
1,945 Posts
Don't necessarily have to make it complicated. You can support the alternator by using a bolt into the head with a 1" diameter aluminum spacer - just like they did on many of the 60's ford small blocks. Then just fabricate something like a 3/8" aluminum shaft with spherical rod ends to hold the tension.
My sleeper motor actually used a turnbuckle from Home Depot to pull the alternator tight---with the 1" spacer as said above.

Looked a little rough but worked pretty well. Rod ends on a tube would be better.

·
Registered
88 Posts
[email protected] Aaron Price makes brackets for different motors and applications. Hit him up, he might have what you need or he can make it.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I mounted mine to the front motor plate on the passerger side, and used a turnbuckle to adjust. Works fine it's been on the car for 6 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts