Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i run on E85, 461 bbc
it seems like the better the air gets, my car slows down. yesterday at like 1:45 pm, in the heat of the day, it ran a 9.80, then as the day progressed and the Da got lower and the air got cooler, it slowed down. 9.81,9.86(lifting a little) then a 9.87 at around 9:30 pm.
on the 2nd time run, i did glance over at the EGT meter on the center of my dash as a crossed the stripe and it was like 1150*
fuel pressure is 7 psi at WOT through out the pass.
also it seems to have a high speed miss when the air gets better.
it seems to me that with the egt that its a little fat, but slowing down when the air gets better seems to be real lean.
kinda confused at this point.
any ideas?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Sounds lean to me. The EGT temp on my car changes so maybe you need to do some plug reading and see what they say? I monitor #7 cyl and my EGT can change for some reason even when the car and weather stay the same. Plugs don't lie.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plugs arent fouled at all, after like 27 passes, the porc. is just starting to get a little tan color on them. i have my egt sensor on #1 aprox 2" from the header flange.

·
Bracket racer
13,292 Posts
It's either lean, or the converter is way too loose.

·
I like IceCream
11,029 Posts
E85 doesn't show on the plug like gas does. Sounds lean to me...

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
And also, if you are lean , the egt's won't be high as there is a lack of fuel there to make heat.

sounds lean to me also.................

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mph was close, 137.8 and then down to 137.2 over the course of the day.
i shift at 6700 and go through the traps between 6900-6950. in a 3050 lb package.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Sounds normal..if you are 1 degree low on timing, lower than you need to be....the later in the day and the humid, grains of water go higher...the 1 degree low timing will hurt your power.

Next time out..when it get later, try adding 1 degree...bet it will go right up in power...try it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i jetted up 3 sizes today, from .133 to .136, it was so fat that i dropped 30 degrees in coolant temp from the start to the 1/4 and ran a slowwwwww 10.96, came back and put the old jets back in, but it was too hot to swap out the plugs, next pass was better, but still had some fouled plugs and ran a 10.10, first round, i had no idea what to dial, but figured it might pick up more as the plugs cleaned themselves so i dialed a 9.91. i was 010 on the tree and ran a 10.01. so before new weekend , there will be a new set of plugs in her and im running it the way it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts