Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some of my shock tuning video's with you gusy from Wednesday night.

All video's have the shock settings, two step RPM, and boost information overlayed at the top of each video in red text.

All numbers are clicks from full tight. So R13C8 would be 13 clicks from full tight on Rebound, 8 clicks from full tight on compression.

Aside from the Run #1 (which was lower RPM/Boost) in the video, all of these runs resulted in spinning. But you can really see from the shock settings how it changes the way the tire is being hit, and how far it's traveling/rotating before spin starts.

Run #1 and Run #2 has the EXACT SAME shock settings, just more RPM/Boost on the launch. You can clearly see by how hard it smashes the sidewall, that "hit" changes with power of the car even on the same shock settings.

Explains a lot why one car to another can't use the same shock settings, even if it's the same brand shock.

Still tuning... but just thought I'd share. It's AMAZING what you can see in slow motion. Really the 2nd run and 5th run both just felt like it spun right at the hit... but that is not true.

You can see run 4 was ALMOST there. Turned about 1/2 or 3/4 of a tire rotation before it spun. Run 5 was with the tighter shock, and you can see I went to far. Car spun nearly right at trans brake release (not enough hit).

Enjoy... I will try to keep this up to date as I continue to learn/make the car leave on more power.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I see,.. Thanks for sharing vids, good to see the change of adjustment & how it reacts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts