Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We race them in the winter time with a bunch of people we know. The place we run them at is 1/8 mile. And these things can fly. The track is 25 ft (just guessing) and that includes the shut off area, etc. The fastest one out at that track is around is in the 4's @ 65 mph. Our fastest is a '63 Impala. 155 grams, 6.30 (almost 1/2 a second) @ 47 mph. Between us and our uncle we have about 20 cars.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What scale cars do you run?
We run 1:24 scale. Weight is the name of the game in slot cars. If the car is too light it will more than likely roll and flip down the track. But if you got a heavy car, then it's gonna be slow. But they make led weights. We have one of the fastest ones there (what we think) because the Impala we have is almost 160 grams and it runs .630's @ 47 mph spinning mostly. And in most pics you can see they have wheelie bars. Not for looks!

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics

'66 Chevelle Wagon .730's

'63 Impala .630's

'69 Charger .740's

Outlaw Nova .730's

'41 Willy's .700's

'67 Coronet .670's
We'll post the rest another time.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We buy all of out stuff from FasTrak. Just a hobby shop around Newark. But we run all of our cars in 1/8. Yeah it keeps us busy in the winter. But for bodys, we just get normal model cars and just use the body and usually put a cowl hood and a spoiler/wing on them, then stuff big tires under them lol.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Motors don't matter where we run them.. And you could find some of this stuff on ebay. Just go there and type in "drag slot". Yyou should find some stuff.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It takes almost $200 to build just 2 cars. We use the S-16 D motors. They only cost $13 and it gets us in the low 7's for 1/8. Motors we run: S-16 D, Group 20's, and Quad 20's.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
x2 on what it costs 2 build a nice car is not cheap and the trash talking gets prertty brutal sometimes lol
lol yeah. We get pretty pissed off sometimes when we lose or red light. There's one guy out there that lost one race and threw his controller, fu#@ this and f*&# that. lol.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
To the questions,

1. They have "braids" 2 of them, and their mostly at the front of the cars, and there's also 2 strips of braids the length of the track the the braids on the car make contact with the braids on the track, then when you hit the gas (controller) it gives the car power.

2. We only use the bumpers, and anything that basically goes on the body. The left overs we just keep. Never know when you might need something.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
are there magazines on this??.....i would like to get into this but i didnt under stand the post telling how to build a track plus i had questions about the cars.............
We'll answer any questions on the cars, but we don't know how to build tracks.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
are there magazines on this??.....i would like to get into this but i didnt under stand the post telling how to build a track plus i had questions about the cars.............
Here's a good starter car. He's selling it cheap. eBay Item number: 320294979180

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
bad87 where in columbus do you race these? i want to get some for me and my boys and give us something to do this winter
We live in Columbus, but race them in Baltimore, Ohio or at FasTrak and their located in Newark. The place we race at is in Baltimore, that place is called "Moparraceway" And you can go to their site @ www.moparracewayclub.com

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Bump. Dying for info on one of these 99-04 Bodies. I want to get into this bad.

Again, any major websites to look for and research this stuff? Learn what I need to put a car together?

Sorry if its a repetitive question but I skimmed the thread again and didn't see any big websites mentioned for slot car drag racing and more particular the parts for them.
Here's some pics we took while building the Nova. And roughly most of the parts to build one. And we buy our parts at the place where we race at. But you can buy all of the parts on ebay to build one. A little searching and you'll find it.

Motor:

Axle:

Ring gear:

Wheelie bars:

Bottom view:

Close up pic:

Body mounted:

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
The hardshell bodies are model bodies, you can get them at yourlocal hobby shop, or wal mart, I said above buy the parts at your local track, help them keep the doors open and they will help you build a car, the scoops can be bought and wings made from sheets of plastic
Not just normal plastic. The stuff we use is called "Styrene". Just a plyable plastic that you can bend, then it takes the shape. And their kind of expensive, but if you race for money then it all pays off.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
At the place we race at we start test and tune at 10am-12 or so, then start racing at 4pm (they run the cuda's and darts 1-4pm) and we don't get outta there til 4 am. And that's losing in the 5-6th rd. And there's usually 8-9 rounds in our bracket class. And run every other Saturday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.