Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We race them in the winter time with a bunch of people we know. The place we run them at is 1/8 mile. And these things can fly. The track is 25 ft (just guessing) and that includes the shut off area, etc. The fastest one out at that track is around is in the 4's @ 65 mph. Our fastest is a '63 Impala. 155 grams, 6.30 (almost 1/2 a second) @ 47 mph. Between us and our uncle we have about 20 cars.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What scale cars do you run?
We run 1:24 scale. Weight is the name of the game in slot cars. If the car is too light it will more than likely roll and flip down the track. But if you got a heavy car, then it's gonna be slow. But they make led weights. We have one of the fastest ones there (what we think) because the Impala we have is almost 160 grams and it runs .630's @ 47 mph spinning mostly. And in most pics you can see they have wheelie bars. Not for looks!

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics

'66 Chevelle Wagon .730's

'63 Impala .630's

'69 Charger .740's

Outlaw Nova .730's

'41 Willy's .700's

'67 Coronet .670's
We'll post the rest another time.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Where do you guys get your stuff from? I have been looking for an online place to start back up with this. I use to race these when I was little however I did the "road course" style slot cars. I wouldn't mind making my own drag strip at the shop and a couple slot cars for fun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
We race them also,I own a motorcycle dealership & set up a spot in our warehouse,we run a scale 1/4 mile 55ft running ,with a 25 ft shutdown area,we run a bracket race on Saturday nights,along with a Grudge night on Thursday,from October until April,check out some pics at www.baycycles.com & click on the link for 1/24 scale drag racing

·
Registered
339 Posts
Where do you guys get your stuff from? I have been looking for an online place to start back up with this. I use to race these when I was little however I did the "road course" style slot cars. I wouldn't mind making my own drag strip at the shop and a couple slot cars for fun.
hey monster try www.trmotorplex.com if ya call ask for rick. they have a drag strip and a road course plus they have their own line of chassis . great guys and bad ass chassis . they also host big races at their track many times in the winter months and weekly bracket races

·
Registered
5 Posts

building a drag strip would be a pretty easy. i have built a few 1/24 road courses last one was 38ft by 8ft . could buid a strip out of 3/4 mdf can be bought at lowes building supply . build grid out of 2x4s screw mdf on top level entire track. rout 1/8in slot with router cut recess for braid with this bit ebay item #220276159300.
1/4in tinned copper braid can bought from many places .i bought the last from sea wire & cable i think it was about .18 a foot.
apply braid with contact cement on both track and braid .
alot of info can be found at home racing world & many other sites

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sweet thanks for the info guys. I went to those sites and found a local track. Gonna go check it out this week, I use to race these when I was little. Seems the place has 3 tracks but no drag track, maybe I can talk them into one.

·
The Purple Prostitute
2,529 Posts
we race qaurter mile here and we mostly run econo prostock which is a 9 second class we also run mm/ps and pro mod

the mustang pics are a mountain motor prostocker

mike... where do you race and what night?? I still have a bunch of my stuff laying around

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
We buy all of out stuff from FasTrak. Just a hobby shop around Newark. But we run all of our cars in 1/8. Yeah it keeps us busy in the winter. But for bodys, we just get normal model cars and just use the body and usually put a cowl hood and a spoiler/wing on them, then stuff big tires under them lol.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Is there an online store as far as parts and motors, etc. What motors do you guys use or is that limited by class?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts