Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bastardization Engineer
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Dakota, Calvert split monos, caltracs, Viking DA's relocated vertical in front of the axle and should be in the 800-850hp range and around 3,300lbs. Was considering putting sliders on it. I haven't ran it yet, but getting close and wondering if I messed up not putting them on when I did the rest of the suspension.

·
Registered
16,242 Posts
Look at how Tin Soldiers Racecars makes their slider kits height adjustable. Really slick set up to their slider kits.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Anything you can do to help with free movement of your suspension will help. Not that you're going to pick up big numbers, but it will allow the rear of the truck to work better. I ran them on mine when I used to run leaf springs.

Jeff

·
Registered
332 Posts
Look at how Tin Soldiers Racecars makes their slider kits height adjustable. Really slick set up to their slider kits.

View attachment 65888
I’ve got the Tin Soldier setup shown. Brand new. All CM. Mid-course decided to back-half the car and go 4-link. I paid $650? Will sell it for $400 shipped to 48 states. I think it’s the ultimate for a leaf car. You can change ride height, angles, anything.
FYI - I previously went from factory style shackles to sliders. It’s definitely an improvement. PM if interested

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah, that is a really great deal. Always after I spend a bunch of money. Haha If you have them in a couple weeks I'll take them, if not I'll understand. Been trying to get it able to make one of the drag week stops in Michigan this year.
It’s not advertised anywhere. Email me and I’ll send you pictures. [email protected]

·
Registered
332 Posts
FYI - When I’m in a wallet crunch, I use PayPal. Anything over $100 is no interest for 6 months. I always payoff within 6 months and I don’t feel the crush all at once.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yes, install sliders. Just redid mine. You need to get the mounts - front/rear - and the spring perches square so there isn't any bind with solid alum bushings at both ends of the spring.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 2000 Dakota, Calvert split monos, caltracs, Viking DA's relocated vertical in front of the axle and should be in the 800-850hp range and around 3,300lbs. Was considering putting sliders on it. I haven't ran it yet, but getting close and wondering if I messed up not putting them on when I did the rest of the suspension.

Was looking at you car and noticed the fuel cell hanging under it. Doesn't the cell need to be boxed in a metal box when secured outside the trunk?

·
Bastardization Engineer
3,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was looking at you car and noticed the fuel cell hanging under it. Doesn't the cell need to be boxed in a metal box when secured outside the trunk?
Not sure, If it does, I can build on pretty easy. I just looked and I think it only needs to be on the three sides and bottom. Though, I don't think they care around here.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Any thing you can do to keep your whole suspension moving freely will help. Keep the front rear spring mounts espceailly if you are using the cal trac bars. You need to keep the whole rear suspension from binding and the sliders really keep the rear mounts moving freely through their complete movement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts