Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using monoleafs with slide-a-links and get 60 ft
times of 1.31-1.34. I am looking into using caltrac set-up. Has anyone used slide-a-links? I have never used Caltracs so I cant compare these

·
Registered
378 Posts
they are basically the same the slide a links are a copied design with a bushing instead of a solid bar. your 60' s seem pretty good so cant really say you will pick up anything switching to a caltrac. I have been 1.29 60' with caltracs with the split mono springs.

·
Registered
763 Posts
they are basically the same the slide a links are a copied design with a bushing instead of a solid bar. your 60' s seem pretty good so cant really say you will pick up anything switching to a caltrac. I have been 1.29 60' with caltracs with the split mono springs.
BIGMAC- do you use a leaf spring sliders? If so do you have any pics of them installed?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
BIGMAC- do you use a leaf spring sliders? If so do you have any pics of them installed?

I do, I'll post them when I get home. Really keeps everything in fluid motion in the back end of the car.

·
Registered
378 Posts
no no sliders here i actually had the stock staggered shock location. and stock controll arms in front. the 60' times were with an 8.5 ten bolt rear end last year. I got it down to that when i had put the 9" in also but had an issue with the mono spring perches that moser had put on the housing. over the winter i moved the shocks inboard moved the springs inboard a little bit with offset shackles and moved the front spring perch inboard almost an inch.and had new spring perches welded up. and installed an antiroll bar. car has had a few 60' 1.38 on the back tires and a bunch of 1.30 60' times.
it is usually pretty consistant on nitrous. But depending on changing track conditions it will fall off here and there . but floats around a couple hundreths when i am bracket racing on hp.
here is a pic i have of the shocks inboard

·
Registered
763 Posts
BIGMAC- are your bars in the top hole? and have you scaled the car before? what tire? Yours looks to be working really well in 60ft.

·
Registered
378 Posts
BIGMAC- are your bars in the top hole? and have you scaled the car before? what tire? Yours looks to be working really well in 60ft.
yeah the bars are in the top hole car is like 49/51 front rear weight. 60' with a 29.5x10.5 best of 1.292 the best 60' i got on a 28x10 so far has been a 1.301 those are both stiff sidewall mickey thompson tires. last year the car weighed 3315 with driver. this year 3035. front left /right was within 3 lbs and rear was 20 heavy on the passenger side.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I just bought slide-a-links for my 69' Firebird is there anything I need to know about installing them on my particular car? How do you set them up?

Right now I dont get squat for traction and I have stock 5 leaf springs with junk old slapper bars and a slightly extended shackle to make the old tires clear the fenderwells. I got the correct offset wheel now and a better fitting tire so the shackles are coming out.

Also will Slide-A-Links help traction even with regular BFG street tires?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Sliders

Sliders installed with split monos.

Sorry it aint a little cleaner, but you get the idea. Just welded in place of the stock rear spring hanger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.