Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a street truck that will see the track a few times a year. Do I go with slicks on another set of wheels or do i just replace my street tires with drag radials? Which will hook the best on the track? What are my other options? Lets hear your success stories with either tire.
_

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
A slick is gonna hook the best and be the easiest to tune the suspension for depending on how much you drive on the street your gonna wear a set of drag radials out quick i would run regular street tires on the street and get a set of slicks for the track. Youll get more miles out of both sets of tires and the street tires will make for some nice burnouts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A slick is gonna hook the best and be the easiest to tune the suspension for depending on how much you drive on the street your gonna wear a set of drag radials out quick i would run regular street tires on the street and get a set of slicks for the track. Youll get more miles out of both sets of tires and the street tires will make for some nice burnouts
Thats what i was afraid of. I have to buy a second set of wheels and some tubes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DR's FTW!
If it's a DD that might be a different story. DR's on the street are great because you can actually get on it a little. Casey02L has cut 1.29 60' and gone [email protected] in the 1/4 on a 315/60-15 MT DR in a Lightning truck. I'll be running M&H 390/45-15's here soon in my Lightning. As long as you stay out of the rain they're great. IMHO.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Buy a cheap set of wheels for the slicks. That will save you some money. No one at the track will care what wheels are on it anyway.......
I do agree with the 2 set's.You'll have a time at the track in the slick but keep them just for that, A track tire......

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Slicks for the track, unless you are going to go ahead and get all the suspension pieces needed for making a drag radial work to it's maximum potential.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts