Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you change out your slicks? do you do it on passes, time or performance?

thanks Richie

·
Registered
955 Posts
Depends, some promod teams go 10-15 and some put 20+ on a set. We run goodyears on a 4.70 car and they come off at 45 runs.

·
Registered
955 Posts
The sidewalls wear out way before the slicks do and your 60's will start to fall off on a goodyear, but we take them off right before they actually get to that point. I can't speak for a hoosier or MT. Goodyears always worked for us so we never ran anything else.

·
Registered
506 Posts
We put 18 on our Pro Extreme and Pro Boost car, give or take. If its close we will change them

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replys, they have been on my car a year and the 60fts are getting inconsistent and I am struggling to get it to hook after the 3rd to 4th shift at about 1/8 mile so I will swap them out now and see if it helps

cheers Richie

·
Registered
152 Posts
38 runs on oure last pair, went 0.97 3.96 on the 37th run on a airfield track (qualified as nr1)
Personal best so far is 0.96 3.93.
Procharged doorslammer 2425lbs

We see that the tires need more pressure to preforme when the get older. from 5.8-6 on new tires to around 7 on "old".

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
38 runs on oure last pair, went 0.97 3.96 on the 37th run on a airfield track (qualified as nr1)
Personal best so far is 0.96 3.93.
Procharged doorslammer 2425lbs

We see that the tires need more pressure to preforme when the get older. from 5.8-6 on new tires to around 7 on "old".

That's interesting about raising tyre pressure, I have been dropping it to see if that helped, thanks for the input:)

cheers Richie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts