Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
i believe that feather fill is used for a final stage to fill small defects or smooth out any imperfections.
slick sand is a thick fill primer for bare metal or cover up of bodywork.
i use slick sand it fills and blocks out really nice.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i am slick sanding my whole race car now, easy to block out and make it straight. The old feather fill sucked to sand, i havent used the new gen stuff. Wondering how it works, might have to demo some:)

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
There is this stuff called Standex,goes on like spackle and sands like chaulk.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like the Mar Hyde Quick Sand myself. Its alittle more money than the Evercoat stuff but sands easier and fills more. I think.....

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The poly surfacer is some GOOD stuff.I love the SIKKENS products.Never been screwed up using their products!!!DR( that's all I use)

·
Registered
756 Posts
in my opinion...pretty much used everything...seriously,and sikkens has never left me stranded..the only thing it ever did was slow me down a tad...i mean that literally...if you try rushing it it will lift in certain areas,(like base coat hitting uncured clear) let it dry properly and it's the best...it costs are twice that of other but you get what you pay for..

the only real draw back is it's the most dangerous to use as it's formulas are high VOC's and msds sheets MUST be followed,as stated:
"used best with fresh air systems"

glasurit second for me.

·
Registered
778 Posts
For what its worth, Ive used slick sand and have also tried poly max from rubber seal. I like the rubber seal better. Sprays like a thick regular primer and sands easy. Its not that costly either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts