Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody ever need to sleeve a dart block , should i worry with a boost application with the heat ?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
No, Just sell me the block for scrap. LOL. It will be fine.

·
Big Block Killer
1,011 Posts
When I damaged my block I was dead set against sleeving it until I sat and realized that every engine built around an aluminum block runs 8 of them. And to piggy on 10.5 Dave, most of the folks that switch to aluminum block do it to save weight and most all of them make crazy horsepower. That said, I have 2 sleeves in my world block as well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just never had to sleeve a block and need some confidents , with all the heat from a turbo , just seems crazy to put a thin layer in a cylinder

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Just never had to sleeve a block and need some confidents , with all the heat from a turbo , just seems crazy to put a thin layer in a cylinder
Back before aftermarket blocks the only way of making the stockers last longer was to sleeve all eight.

Nothing wrong with sleeving a Dart, we have had to do it often and cheaper than a new block.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anybody have any idea how big the bore had to be hogged out to get a sleeve in there

·
Big Block Killer
1,011 Posts
Depends on the sleeve being installed. Different bore sizes will require different sleeves.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checked out dartons site and it says for a 4.118 bore the outside is like 4.3 something but thickness of sleeve is like .097 thou , seems a bit much to take off the cylinder . If i am even looking at the right piece

·
Registered
67 Posts
There is nothing wrong with a sleeve if it is put in right! You have to make sure that they leave a step on the bottom of the cylinder to hold the sleeve from dropping, as far as the sleeve diameter there are many variations in sleeves and different sizes to choose from. I personally use Meilling or sealed power for all of the sleeves that I install and have never had a problem with any of them. Hope this helps.
Jon​

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
Checked out dartons site and it says for a 4.118 bore the outside is like 4.3 something but thickness of sleeve is like .097 thou , seems a bit much to take off the cylinder . If i am even looking at the right piece
can you give a price on the block? would like to run with 3 possible or 4 sleeves

·
Big Block Killer
1,011 Posts
How much do you want for the block. I'll give you $200 right now...interested

1 - 18 of 18 Posts