Yellow Bullet Forums banner

601 - 620 of 931 Posts

·
Administrator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
What he said....

What will it take to just go back to the way it was???

Vanilla
They will never go back. YB as we knew it is DONE!!!
Are the site visits way down? This used to be a daily read for me, but no longer. Sad.
The site will not be reverted to the old format and traffic is increasing since the rollout and normally increase more after the 60-90 day mark based upon Google search indexing and the learning curve.

traffic.png

traffic_001.png

Jeff M

·
Registered
58 Posts
The site will not be reverted to the old format and traffic is increasing since the rollout and normally increase more after the 60-90 day mark based upon Google search indexing and the learning curve.

Jeff M
Okay. I certainly hope for the best, don't want anyone to fail, but the format change has had a really negative effect on my likelihood to visit. I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just realized another couple websites I "used" to frequent often had also switched to the same format as YB.
All look to be owned by
  • VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter St, Suite 901, Toronto, ON, M5V 2H1, Canada
I now realize some of the reason I lost interest in those sites is there being set up to be easier to view on smart devices & in which makes it awkward (to me) viewing from a computer monitor.
I avoid reading web forums on my smart-phone because its to small to read.

Its like this style of format is trying to mimic the pop-up window style that smart devices use BUT
there is minimal structure of everything thats viewable when viewing from a computer monitor & so makes everything look like its run all together/clustered.

For comparison

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
Jeff,can't you do something about the users with multiple user names just to troll and make personal attacks on other people? Ho Lee Fuck is this place fucked up because of it.

·
A Fine Example For Others
37,437 Posts
Jeff,can't you do something about the users with multiple user names just to troll and make personal attacks on other people? Ho Lee Fuck is this place fucked up because of it.
Ditto......that would improve the site 1000 folds.

·
44,063 Posts
Hey Jeff, is there a way to actually delete old PMs, (or even new ones for that matter) to clean out and/or empty our PM files? I see there is the "leave" option which in a sense deletes them, giving you the option to accept replies to them in the future if someone decides to add to it later on. If we choose to "leave" it without allowing for future additions by the people who were involved in the conversation, ...is that for lack of a better explanation,...deleting it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I now realize some of the reason I lost interest in those sites is there being set up to be easier to view on smart devices & in which makes it awkward (to me) viewing from a computer monitor.

Its like this style of format is trying to mimic the pop-up window style that smart devices use BUT
there is minimal structure of everything thats viewable when viewing from a computer monitor & so makes everything look like its run all together/clustered.
I don't understand the complaints about the new format. I'm like you in that I don't use a smart phone for web surfing because to me and my old eyes a full size computer monitor is the ticket.

Everything looks great to me, no problems reading anything. The layout is straightforward and neat. I'm using Firefox on an older computer running Windows 8.1. At first it took me a couple days to figure out how do to some things with the new format but now that I'm used to it I actually like it better.

Why are people having problems? I assumed it was with the new format on smart phones but you are using the same type device as I am and I'm having zero problems. What's different?

·
44,063 Posts
I don't understand the complaints about the new format. I'm like you in that I don't use a smart phone for web surfing because to me and my old eyes a full size computer monitor is the ticket.

Everything looks great to me, no problems reading anything. The layout is straightforward and neat. I'm using Firefox on an older computer running Windows 8.1. At first it took me a couple days to figure out how do to some things with the new format but now that I'm used to it I actually like it better.

Why are people having problems? I assumed it was with the new format on smart phones but you are using the same type device as I am and I'm having zero problems. What's different?
Agreed ^^^^^

·
Administrator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #611
Ditto......that would improve the site 1000 folds.

Just put those users on Ignore.

You will not see anything from them.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
Hey Jeff, is there a way to actually delete old PMs, (or even new ones for that matter) to clean out and/or empty our PM files? I see there is the "leave" option which in a sense deletes them, giving you the option to accept replies to them in the future if someone decides to add to it later on. If we choose to "leave" it without allowing for future additions by the people who were involved in the conversation, ...is that for lack of a better explanation,...deleting it? Thanks in advance.
Yes, Leaving is the new Deleting.

Note you have an unlimited number of Convos's/PM's so no worries about maxing out the inbox.

Jeff m

·
Administrator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #613

Agreed ^^^^^

Jeff M

·
Registered
294 Posts
Viewing the website on my phones chrome browser is now easier than it is from my computers browser.

The persons identification info is reoriented to the top of there post & theres no large open spaces amongst the post.
I think its cleaner looking viewing from a smart device.

I just realized another couple websites I "used" to frequent often had also switched to the same format as YB.
All look to be owned by
  • VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter St, Suite 901, Toronto, ON, M5V 2H1, Canada

For comparison
View attachment 53527

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just put those users on Ignore.

You will not see anything from them.

Jeff M
I think this is one of the best features of the update. Now when I put some dipshit on ignore I don't see his crap even if someone quotes it. They are just completely gone.

·
Administrator
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #617
Viewing the website on my phones chrome browser is now easier than it is from my computers browser.

The persons identification info is reoriented to the top of there post & theres no large open spaces amongst the post.
I think its cleaner looking viewing from a smart device.
Yeah the new mobile device view is great once you get the hang of it.

I think this is one of the best features of the update. Now when I put some dipshit on ignore I don't see his crap even if someone quotes it. They are just completely gone.
100%

Do any other posts by them under different user names show up?
Just asking,I've never used the feature in the past.
Just that username so ignore all that you do not wish to see.

Some people do share or rotate IP addies so do not want to block that way.

Jeff M

·
Registered
7,851 Posts
So if somebody has a half dozen user names I have to ignore them all? That's BULLSHIT. Is it because it is good for business that you have that many registered users?

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
So if somebody has a half dozen user names I have to ignore them all? That's BULLSHIT. Is it because it is good for business that you have that many registered users?

Has to be, no other reason to leave multiple user accounts out there.

I think PB and Xenforo have conspired to break the internet. Every forum that I have seen switch to Xenforo has a horrible background and makes it hard to read. maybe it's a combination of the smaller font with a white background ?

·
44,063 Posts
Another PM question, Jeff. I love the fact we can now post pics in threads right from our phone without the use of a hosting site, and I have done it a few times with no problems. The problem I've had often is, when I tried to send pics through a PM the same way, with my phone,...it goes through as a broken link. Any idea why? It has happened with downloaded pictures from the internet, and photos I have taken with my phone. It was paint job pics from various different sites, and some of my own paint jobs taken with my phone. I can see them in my PM, but who ever I have sent them to can't. Thanks.

601 - 620 of 931 Posts