Yellow Bullet Forums banner

561 - 580 of 610 Posts

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
25,534 Posts
The is not a fix for it, the HTML will not work there, what do you want it to say?

Jeff M
Read my original post.

I am trying to display an avatar description line that has special characters correctly, that was assignable/editable in the previous BB software.

You don't get a pass because you don't understand HTML, or the website you bought and replaced. Maybe you should hire and expert to help you; that might be able to fix your canned BB software application.

·
Registered
35,005 Posts
Jeff, I haven't searched this thread for an answer to this question....maybe there's one in here....because the search function, rather than beginning with current posts and working backward, starts by showing posts that are 10 or so years old which renders it effectively useless. Am I doing something wrong (don't think so), and do you expect a correction in the near future?

·
Administrator
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Read my original post.

I am trying to display an avatar description line that has special characters correctly, that was assignable/editable in the previous BB software.

You don't get a pass because you don't understand HTML, or the website you bought and replaced. Maybe you should hire and expert to help you; that might be able to fix your canned BB software application.
HTML and BB code are no longer supported in your "user title" I was going to update it for you if you wanted.

Jeff, I haven't searched this thread for an answer to this question....maybe there's one in here....because the search function, rather than beginning with current posts and working backward, starts by showing posts that are 10 or so years old which renders it effectively useless. Am I doing something wrong (don't think so), and do you expect a correction in the near future?
We have some search updates being rolled out 1/8/2020 that will update the functionality however there is a current bug with the indexing results that we are still waiting on a fix for.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
another fuck up of AG and proves AG Jeff is a lying cunt - he promised the search function will be fixed weeks ago
You catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar there buddy.

Where did I specifically "promise the fix weeks ago"? I acknowledged a bug and said we are working on a fix.

Jeff M

·
Registered
16,107 Posts
and how long does it take? ol' mate

You lot put yourselves out there as all thing great from a forum perspective and you can't get simple shit right

I bet you ran it in the background berfore releasing it to us minions? Didn't you test the search function? FFS

·
Registered
17,366 Posts
Made a several paragraph reply and could not get it to preview or to post despite trying hours/day and logins later, got this message:

"Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console."

·
Registered
145 Posts
The old mobil format let you just scroll through pages in a topic without having to hit “next page”, then the back button brought you back directly to the forum page. I believe the new format has all of the makings of “fucking up a wet dream” written all over it.

·
Administrator
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #572
It does take 24-48 hours or longer for the site to index.

The current issue is a bug with the indexing that already happened that is being worked on. I never gave an ETA on the search bug fix but I can see how that can be confused.

Jeff M

·
Registered
28,986 Posts
In recent days it appears there are automated or Iranian or Putascatolian spam attacks which have successfully joined and logged in and made posts with hot links to who knows what, (a dozen IPhones for $12.00 Canadian sound familiar?) but undoubtedly the spam intent is to put turds in the churn.

If you want to keep the automated and culturally less fortunate spammers from joining, use a trick question that only a gearhead can answer.

·
Administrator
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
In recent days it appears there are automated or Iranian or Putascatolian spam attacks which have successfully joined and logged in and made posts with hot links to who knows what, (a dozen IPhones for $12.00 Canadian sound familiar?) but undoubtedly the spam intent is to put turds in the churn.

If you want to keep the automated and culturally less fortunate spammers from joining, use a trick question that only a gearhead can answer.

Link to post or you can report the thread for mods to clean it up.

Click on the 3 vertical dots next to the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #576

·
Registered
28,062 Posts
Not reading 570+ replies.... how the fuck you get rid of the (28) next to YB header on my open tabs.. which is obviously threads I entered and there are... Fuck I don't know they move up and downing all reality... just want them gone.. . I may go to a thread a few times and others once.. I tolerate the flashing ads next to the threads, the black out dark mode looks like shit.. Just tell me how to get that counter off my tab...

561 - 580 of 610 Posts