Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short.
I bought a used 2012 shop truck and I signed up for Sirius XM.
After a few months I canceled their service.
They said I would receive the balance of about $150 within about 4 weeks.
Well after 5 weeks still no refund check so I called them and they said wait another 7 days and call them if I had not received it.8 days go by and I call them and they said it was put in the mail yesterday and to wait another 3 days so 5 days go by and I call again and this time I ask for a superviser and they say it was mailed out yesterday.You guessed it still no check 5 days later.I have now called the BBB.Any one else every had problems with Sirius XM?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
they seem to be a shady company. i didnt renew my last one and they kept sending me offers like the above post. finally renewed for $20 for 5-6 months. ive got the date saved so i can call and cancel. if not they bill you for $150 and sign you up for another year. fuck that. i like xm, but not THAT much.

·
rodent aviator
7,041 Posts
I just bought a new car a month ago and it includes Sirius for 6 months. So far I'm not impressed. Sound quality is much worse than radio and the stations pretty much suck for the most part. I like modern jazz (Paul Hardcastle, Euge Groove, Candy Dulpher, etc) and they only have two 'jazz' stations that play nothing but elevator music. The 3-4 classic rock stations don't play a bunch of music I would expect but they play a ton of songs I've never heard before. About half the songs are either B artists or unremarkable filler songs from albums of popular artists. I try to listen to it because I hate commercials but invariably I end up flipping back to local radio stations instead.

I'm glad I got a chance to try it for free because now that I've tried it there's no way in hell I'll ever pay for it.

·
rodent aviator
7,041 Posts
Oh, this weekend in celebration of Tom Petty's new album release, channel 25 is now 'Tom Petty all the time'. Tom has about 2-3 decent songs and the rest consist of one 5-10 second lick that he repeats 50-60 times and calls it a song. Fuck that noise.

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,901 Posts

·
Registered
29,520 Posts
When did they or have they shut it off? Because I am betting that went perfectly...

But ya satellite radio sucks. they are getting just as many commercials as regular radio stations. Good thing I have Sync and just listen to the songs I down loaded on my phone...

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Tough crowd!

We have 3 radios and have the XM with best of Sirius package.
I listen all day every day. My wife keeps hers on NASCAR and when she is at work she has the App running on her phone.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've had it since XM was owned by General Motors, love it, can't listen to terrestrial radio. Local rock station WRIF is still playin the same stuff from 20 years ago, not to mention a play list of about 15 songs!! Annie up for three year contract, ex GM employee discount, pretty inexpensive if you ask me!! Now don't get me started on Comcast.......

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
I've had it since XM was owned by General Motors, love it, can't listen to terrestrial radio. Local rock station WRIF is still playin the same stuff from 20 years ago, not to mention a play list of about 15 songs!! Annie up for three year contract, ex GM employee discount, pretty inexpensive if you ask me!! Now don't get me started on Comcast.......
Fuck terrestrial radio is right. Car commercials, same predictable shit over and over.

·
Registered
23,000 Posts
they seem to be a shady company. i didnt renew my last one and they kept sending me offers like the above post. finally renewed for $20 for 5-6 months. ive got the date saved so i can call and cancel. if not they bill you for $150 and sign you up for another year. fuck that. i like xm, but not THAT much.
X2,make sure you call and cancel when your 5-6 months are up.I forgot one time and if they have your credit card info they will bill you.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I just got the 5 month for $20 offer. My subscription is almost up, but I just hate dealing with them.
I finally just cancelled Monday. I kept getting 5 months for $20 offer so I kept going. But then they will charge you full price and you have to call them and waste 45 mins on the phone just to get the bill corrected. The best thing I did though was put in a fake phone number, entered credit card that was about to expire and turned off automatic billing. That ended all the phone calls and them just charging my card whatever amount they felt like doing. I dont miss it yet one bit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Channel 40, liquid metal! Sirius rules!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pandora rules! $3 a month, no commercials, no contract, make whatever stations you want, I stream it right through my Bluetooth in my truck. Or you can get it free but with commercials.....:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts