Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Simpson Hybrid. I like it except for one thing, Its tough to hook up to the helmet. I have the O rings permanently mounted to my helmet and the Hybrid has the quick release D rings on it. The D rings are great for un-hooking (they have the quick release tether) just a real pain in the ass to hook up. Almost impossible alone, and people struggle when helping.

Anyone have a cure?

·
Registered
8,399 Posts
Agree it is a pain,I am getting rid of mine and going to something else.
Some suggestions here.

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree it is a pain,I am getting rid of mine and going to something else.
Some suggestions here.
Thanks Mark. I've been watching your thread. Appreciate it sir!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with my Neckgen Rev.....Not a fan of the Hybrid or the other styles like that....and the "d" ring attachment is just dumb. Better ways to do that....

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I've got the Nextgen Rev and can put them in ok when in the car, but getting them loose is a bit of a pain. Hard to grab the little strings to disconnect if you have your gloves on. Be nice if they were longer and could velcro to front of helmet so you can get ahold of them easier.

·
Vendor
6,445 Posts
I've got the Nextgen Rev and can put them in ok when in the car, but getting them loose is a bit of a pain. Hard to grab the little strings to disconnect if you have your gloves on. Be nice if they were longer and could velcro to front of helmet so you can get ahold of them easier.
Beyond, there is a solution for that. Let me know if you need help with it.

·
Vendor
6,445 Posts
I have the Simpson Hybrid. I like it except for one thing, Its tough to hook up to the helmet. I have the O rings permanently mounted to my helmet and the Hybrid has the quick release D rings on it. The D rings are great for un-hooking (they have the quick release tether) just a real pain in the ass to hook up. Almost impossible alone, and people struggle when helping.

Anyone have a cure?
That is one of my biggest issues with the device. I used to wear one but haven't raced in years. I still sell them but I also sell the NecksGen and they outsell the Hybrids by a long shot. Let me know if any of you guys are looking to purchase. My site link is in my signature.

·
Vendor
6,445 Posts
Sure, I'm interested if you know of a better way.
I emailed them today after I saw your post and they are redesigning the new longer lanyard. I have sold one of them about a year or so ago to a guy who had the same comment as you had. It's a longer one piece tether. It's not two pieces like the Simpson and I forget what their thinking is on that, but they are working on it. Hit me up through my website and I will keep you in mind when I hear more. Sorry I thought I had a slam dunk for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts