Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where are the rest of the American Iron boys, Chevy and Ford? The old record was set by a Chrysler 12 years ago at 207 and it took this long for anyone to break it. If Chuck Schafer hadn’t died in an ATV accident (at walking speed) right after he set the record in 2000 he would probably have gone faster than this ten years ago. I wonder why nobody has done this with a motorcycle.

·
120 seconds of glory
4,116 Posts
Where are the rest of the American Iron boys, Chevy and Ford? The old record was set by a Chrysler 12 years ago at 207 and it took this long for anyone to break it. If Chuck Schafer hadn’t died in an ATV accident (at walking speed) right after he set the record in 2000 he would probably have gone faster than this ten years ago. I wonder why nobody has done this with a motorcycle.

one word.....sand

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Holy hellballs! Really want to do one of these races... I know you have to start at a 125mph or slower class your first time but im sure that would be a blast for 90 miles in a streetcar.

Watch out vultures on the side of the road!! :eek:

·
Registered
471 Posts
That has to take some driving too ! Imagine trying to make a corner at 200+ . How does he fit his balls into the drivers seat ?

·
Registered
697 Posts
One of my dads good friends use to run that race in the unlimited class in a 454ss pickup. Arizona speed and marine use to do his motors, seen a video of him and his co-pilot get airborne at over 200 mph. Nut puckering fun if you ask me. I believe he also held a land speed record in the gmc cyclone too if i remember right. Driver- Dave Kiefer, he also use to race for ducati as a teamate to doug polen. Cool stuff if you ask me. Thought about doing it one year, never made it though. BUCKET LIST, i guess.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
In all fairness, thats a balls out race car, why not get a F1 car, or Indy car, same difference.
I thought the silver state classic was for "street cars" (Kinda)
not saying that ain't flying,and does take some huevos to go that fast.
wonder what motor it had?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts