Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shit, just saw this on facebook. Word is he is making improvement.

Sending a prayer for you Doug.

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
Happened on Tuesday am.
Wishing him a full recovery as he is a top notch man.

·
Registered
21,499 Posts
It happened Wednesday morning at 10:45. His heart quit beating and he was without oxygen for what the doctors estimated to be about 4 minutes. His employee saw him drop and had the emts working on Doug within 2 minutes. This may be the best part of a small town. When one of theirs go down they get to work. He was breathing on his own when he reached the hospital. Still the time without oxygen left Doug with cerebral edema and this caused seizures until he was heavily sedated. As the swelling subsided today attempts were made to ween him off of the sedation. The first few times he awoke very agitated and had to be medicated again. Finally, a couple of hours ago, with his breathing tube removed they tried again. This time went much better. Doug is talking but has serious short term memory loss. Long term memory seems good. It could well be that the meds used to sedate him caused some of the short term loss. Now he is resting comfortably and still on meds to relieve brain swelling. He really isn't out of the woods yet but things are looking much better than they did when the EMTs found him in complete cardiac arrest. Only time will tell now.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Glad he's still with us! Get well soon Doug.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Doug: I don't know you but best wishes for a speedy and full recovery. Have had heart issues for awhile now but it doesn't slow me down.

Jim

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thank God that someone saw him and called the EMT's so quickly! My prayers are with Doug and your family for a full recovery. I only spoke to you once, but you seemed like a really decent person and an awesome racer. I hope to see you back out at the track in the future my Brother.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Get well Doug and we'll be praying for a full recovery. I'm sure this is a life changing experience.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts