Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been carrying a Sig P245 for a while now.It's everything I want in a carry gun.45acp,compact,100% dependable,DA/SA,non striker fired (has a hammer) decock lever,no saftey. I love the 1911 but don't like to carry "cocked and locked".

The Sig Sauer P245 was discontinued in 2004.and was made in Germany it is now replaced with the New Hampshire made P220 Carry,but the P220 has a longer grip and is a little heavier.The P220 Compact as far as I can tell is single action only and has the beavetail grip.

I found another P245 brand new in the box on Gunbroker.com and have been debating buying it for over a week now. Of all the other guns I could have tried, I went and bought the "new old stock" P245 thinking I would just put it in the safe and keep it for a back up just in case something happens to mine. I just couldn't stand the thought of something going wrong with my carry gun and having to switch to something else that I would not be comfortable with.

Am I crazy?
Getting old and not accepting somthing new?
Or just know a good thing when I find it.:p

New gun.

Old gun.

·
Registered
635 Posts
#1.....Am I crazy?
#2.....Getting old and not accepting somthing new?
#3......Or just know a good thing when I find it.:p
#1....No ... not at all !!
#2....I've been old for a while and like some new stuff and like some old stuff. I've got a '66 & a '70 Mustang and an '05 Merc Mountaineer.
#3....Why fix something if it 'ain't broke' ?? Like women, a good gun is hard to find.

By the way .... I would love to have a Sig P-245 and would pick that pistol over any new Sig out there.
I have an older P-229 and would not trade it for the new one !

·
888 Posts
Why would you question buying another Sig?
Nice choice, stick with it.
S.

·
Registered
130 Posts
if you like P245 that well and have been carrying it that long, I dont think I would change at thing. Having a backup gun or replacement gun abeit Nos, to me is as smart as you can get. I am narrowing my carry choices down to two guns, my main carry and a BUG. Will have other pistols in the safe, but I want to get used to one gun for carry, want all actions with gun to be second nature.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#2....I've been old for a while and like some new stuff and like some old stuff. I've got a '66 & a '70 Mustang and an '05 Merc Mountaineer.
#3....Why fix something if it 'ain't broke' ?? Like women, a good gun is hard to find.

By the way .... I would love to have a Sig P-245 and would pick that pistol over any new Sig out there.
Thats exactly how I feel and I guess I just did. To me, the classic German SIg was the best pistol ever made. I just picked this up for way less$ than a new P220 carry.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you like P245 that well and have been carrying it that long, I dont think I would change at thing. Having a backup gun or replacement gun abeit Nos, to me is as smart as you can get. I am narrowing my carry choices down to two guns, my main carry and a BUG. Will have other pistols in the safe, but I want to get used to one gun for carry, want all actions with gun to be second nature.
That right there is why I had to have it,and the fact that I have 100% confidence in the gun and my abilitys with it. If anybody else has that same feeling with whatever they carry,then maybe they can understand why I had to have it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
when it comes to a hand gun, stay with what you like....keep, carry, buy, which ever gun you're comfortable with. I have only lost/swapped two guns....one I got back, the other I wish I had back.....go with your gut on a firearm. If you say 'I really hate to get rid of it', then don't.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
The new one is on it's way.:p
Good move...

All the things you like in a hand gun, I do to.. With the situation that you're facing, with your favorite gun.. You really lucked out..

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

They just listed another one brand new in box. I can't believe they had two in one week.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=214952426

·
102,312 Posts
Am I crazy?
Getting old and not accepting somthing new?
Or just know a good thing when I find it.:p
1. Yes but that's why I like ya

2. Something normal for old gun guys

3. Yes it's a good thing.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1. Yes but that's why I like ya

2. Something normal for old gun guys

3. Yes it's a good thing.
I do have my eye on a Kimber Ultra Covert CarryII.:p

Does this mean you're not an "old gun guy" since you bought the USP 40?:smt102:smt017:smt064

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
how much u pay?
$660 shipped.
A new P220 carry goes for $850-900.

There is another on Gunbroker.com the bid is up to $550 with a "buy it now" of $709

If you like your P226 you'll like the P245 if the recoil doesn't bother you.

·
102,312 Posts
I do have my eye on a Kimber Ultra Covert CarryII.:p

Does this mean you're not an "old gun guy" since you bought the USP 45?:smt102:smt017:smt064
Fixed it for you. I had a USP 40 long before I owned a 1911. Sold it like a fool so I had to redeem myself.

I got a S&W 357 magnum wheelgun also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts