Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the house I rented in GA has new peerless fixtures and both showers have that anti scald crap in it, is there a way to adjust them? or just outright disable the feature? my showers are cold, not lukewarm but sack shriveling cold.

my landlord wont replace the fixtures but he has no problems with me disabling or adjusting the faucets.

·
Registered
13,398 Posts
Sounds stupid, but is there hot water in other parts of the house? Thought he might have the hot water heater turned way down.

·
Registered
21,079 Posts
the house I rented in GA has new peerless fixtures and both showers have that anti scald crap in it, is there a way to adjust them? or just outright disable the feature? my showers are cold, not lukewarm but sack shriveling cold.

my landlord wont replace the fixtures but he has no problems with me disabling or adjusting the faucets.
Take off the Handle (may have to remove the Fascia as well) and look for the adjustment (plastic insert). If that isn't it... have a look at the hot water heater.

Is there a foot-shower head or anything like that? You may have to shut it down or reduce flow for a hot shower.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the hot water heater isn`t the issue, from my sinks the water comes out hotter then the fires of hades, but both showers are cold, they each have there own line, actually everything has there own hot and cold line running off a plastic distribution block.

·
Registered
203 Posts
it's in the handle. take it off and adjust the round plastic gaurd and your done. = and yes it's called a water heater not hot water heater cuz hot water don't need to be heated lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts