Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 160 of 306 Posts

·
TATER NATION
6,036 Posts
Don't know if it belongs here ..this is my dads 53 studebaker , he's owned it since the early 60s I'll see if I can dig up some old pics of it when he raced at lions out here in California !!

That is a beauty.....

·
Registered
10,073 Posts
Really??? Why don't you show us some more pics of Camaros or sandwiches. :finga:
That car is VERY generic, done a million times over, and I'm entitled to an opinion...even if it doesn't align with yours! Maybe check the pics I posted here before asking about Camaros and food!!

·
Registered
13,498 Posts
That car is VERY generic, done a million times over, and I'm entitled to an opinion...even if it doesn't align with yours! Maybe check the pics I posted here before asking about Camaros and food!!
Yes, you are entitled to your own opinion, but that doesn't give you the right to come in here and call a guys car "BORING". This isn't TOBT, so I suggest you STFU. :finga:

·
46,898 Posts
Maybe this one will be less “boring”.
Steel 41 Willys with blown 392 Hemi

:supz: :supz: :supz: REAL STEEL :supz: :supz: :supz:

·
Registered
17,492 Posts
Sure you have a right to your opinion but there is no need to make a guy feel bad about his car because you don't like it. Just move on and don't comment on it.

Those types of comments will make a guy not post his stuff because he doesn't want to be bashed.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I have no issue with Groucho calling my 32 “Boring”. Not every car pleases every person & he’s entitled to his opinion but it’s a real 32. This car is probably the most fun & easy car to drive I have ever owned. I’ve put about 40k miles on it since built. It was redone a few years ago & changed up the look w/ magnesium pin knockoffs & Excelsior tires. This car was built to drive. I didn’t build it for Groucho, I built it for me & my tastes. Those aren’t just any flames BTW. If you know your flames, you will know the painter. Just another belly button 32. ;) I’m ok with that.

·
46,898 Posts
I have no issue with Groucho calling my 32 “Boring”. Not every car pleases every person & he’s entitled to his opinion but it’s a real 32. This car is probably the most fun & easy car to drive I have ever owned. I’ve put about 40k miles on it since built. It was redone a few years ago & changed up the look w/ magnesium pin knockoffs & Excelsior tires. This car was built to drive. I didn’t build it for Groucho, I built it for me & my tastes. Those aren’t just any flames BTW. If you know your flames, you will know the painter. Just another belly button 32. ;) I’m ok with that.

That's got a lot of "California Kid" going for it but without the top.

·
Registered
10,073 Posts

Steves32, have we met or talked somewhere else a few yrs. ago? Who's hot rod's in the background?

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Here’s what I’m working on now. Bought this real Henry 34 5 window coupe that has a laundry list of issues- starting with the Heidt’s independent front suspension. On a highboy? WTF? I bought the car right & saw past the ugly front suspension. I liked the fact it wasn’t chopped & roof not filled. Makes it ultra rare today. ;) Again, not for everyone. I get people busting my balls all the time telling me I need to chop it. Not their car, it’s mine. I could but I won’t. Turns out the front suspension was a safety nightmare with a crossmember below the scrub line & that’s why he was selling it. Had a wiring nightmare, a underpowered lame 283 & a severe overheating problem. But for me- it had the look.
This is what it looked like when I brought it home. Wasn’t crazy about the 2 tone paint but after awhile, it’s grown on me. Noticed I took the pic at an angle that hid the hideous exposed front suspension.

I drove it home, took to the LA Roadster Show 2015, drove it home overheating & tore into it. Hasn’t moved off lift since. It’s getting close now though. All work done by me, inc paint.
Off with suspension. Left engine in car for now.

Tack in new crossmember

Engine still in car for weight & ride height. Built a wood jig of sorts to support spindles & set hairpins to ride height (bottom bar level).

Paint done, engine back in (old one) for front assembly.

New engine in, dual quad 383 best of everything, over 500 hp. Trans by my buddy Art Carr. Custom 1 off headers built for more firewall clearance.

Custom mandrel exhaust by me & then ceramic coated. This is where we are so far.

·
Aviation Section
23,260 Posts

Very nice car! Not to my taste either but I appreciate it. I want a chopped 32' and it has to have fenders and be low with big and littles and some suds under the hood without hood sides. Still looking for something that I can afford.

There is a beautiful 1937 on Ebay right now but it is $50K, car is right, I think all I would change is to two tone it with black fenders, put the 37' taillights back on it and some nerf bars and it would be perfect for me also!

Dave

141 - 160 of 306 Posts