Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mounted my shoulder harness like a v type harness. I have both tabs going to the same bolt. When I pull the harness tight they start do dig into my neck. I am concerned that in an impact they would put a lot of pressure on my neck and create a scissors effect. I know the v type harness is pretty common so I am not sure if this is anything to worry about. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sounds like the mounting point may be too close to your neck. Mine are mounted as you described, with the mounting point below my shoulders, and I have no issues.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shoulder harness is mounted about six inches behind seat and one inch below my shoulders. I dont have a problem but I am just thinking in an impact the two shoulder belts would pull together into my neck.

·
Registered
736 Posts
v-type harness' went out with the mayflower! Why not do it right and properly space them so it doesn't cause the obvious?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think you are right. I know this is a common way of doing it but it seems like it would be better to have them spaced out. Ive been told many times not to over think things but I cant help it especially when it comes to safety.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Trust me it's better, there isn't any professional drivers out there with a v-type harness. I for one think safety in drag racing is under thought, because accidents are typically few and far between. Your six to one inch ratio mounting is good, that puts you just under 9.5* of belt angle. anything more than 20* will compress your spine in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trust me it's better, there isn't any professional drivers out there with a v-type harness. I for one think safety in drag racing is under thought, because accidents are typically few and far between. Your six to one inch ratio mounting is good, that puts you just under 9.5* of belt angle. anything more than 20* will compress your spine in the event of an accident.
Dont u mean the Y-harness is out of date. I think they allow the v harness. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
462 Posts
X2 just went through tech the other day with one. But after seeing this post I will be buying new belts and welding some new tabs!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts