Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean with the 1000' racing going on, No one can set ET or MPH records, Should his wins count towards a record established racing a 1/4 mile??????????

I was watching last night and noticed he tied J.A. but should it really be considered a record? They are running 1000', not the full 1320, alot can happen in that last 320 FT.

What's your thinking on this?

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
I used to work for DSR and like tony as a freind.....but,i dont feel any records should be counted till they race the 1000' for a while(if they keep doing it).

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Good point.

Race wins,,yes. ET and MPH,, obviously no.

·
Spiritual Gynocologist
80,189 Posts
Shumacker has another few months to set records. Then he will be an also ran driver bitching about Alan Johnson's dominance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If they never really recorded 1000ft times before and never had prior et's and mph, wouldn't they start from scratch then?

·
Registered
283 Posts
The only reason I say NO THEY SHOULDNT... is because the NHRA will go back to 1/4 mi racing... soon. So yeah... great question and yeah... its total BS to let ANYONE have any records that arent specifically 1000ft based. But... thats just me.

~R

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The only reason I say NO THEY SHOULDNT... is because the NHRA will go back to 1/4 mi racing... soon. So yeah... great question and yeah... its total BS to let ANYONE have any records that arent specifically 1000ft based. But... thats just me.

~R
X2....alot happens between 1000 ft and 1320 ft.

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
I'm fine with wins records but obviously e.t. and mph records should not be counted UNLESS the NHRA goes t o 1K ft permanently.

Records are nothing more than statistics. Unless there are points of dollars associated with them, I don't care how many records they say he has - go crazy.

·
Banned
9,395 Posts
A win is a win...they are all racing at the same track. ET and MPH yes they should have a record book for that distance and only that distance. If/when they go back to 1/4 mile those records previously set will still be there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts