Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only used two sets of teflon seals, the PA ones worked good but after 100 passes noticed them all mushroomed and look like not spinning on stator, Then their Dynamic ones from Alto I seen after 20 passes do to cracked case and they still looked like new and spun freely on stator, spent alot of time smoothing stator grooves and scotchbriting both stators. Pa say their rings work differant then steel, Just want to be sure I'm not loosing seal on the PA one, but do like them just dont understand them lol. All four of the PA ones where slightly mushoomed and felt up the grooves. Around 220 psi. What have your guys seals looked Like after disasembly.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Better question is, What do the High gear clutches look like.........

If they look good then the rings are sealing and will be fine...........

I have seen ones like you describe after 250 runs and the High clutches looks Mint......

so the are sealing...............Just look like ass..............LOL

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the Chrome wear the stater support grooves?,Regular Metal rings like to stick and not rotate like suppose too and wear drums and dont like replacing modified forward drums. Kinda new to c4 matched to Bigblocks but the rings are doing ok. But not getting more then a 100 passes on high before stock 5 clutches and steels show heat. Going to try some KOLENE steels in high to see if that helps any. Colormebad what line pressure you use with stock and chrome rings? suppose only track cars?

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
Do the Chrome wear the stater support grooves?,Regular Metal rings like to stick and not rotate like suppose too and wear drums and dont like replacing modified forward drums. Kinda new to c4 matched to Bigblocks but the rings are doing ok. But not getting more then a 100 passes on high before stock 5 clutches and steels show heat. Going to try some KOLENE steels in high to see if that helps any. Colormebad what line pressure you use with stock and chrome rings? suppose only track cars?
All I do is grudge race... Line pressure runs between 200-225
Only drum I have seen the chrome rings hurt, are the aluminum.. Never seen any flaking of wear on the cast/steel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts