Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Please allow this! Nitrous cars can’t go any faster ever :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Gotta ask, how well would 959” motors last in a 1/4 race over the duration of. Weekend? I’d assume the crazy piston speeds wouldn’t help anything either. I’d love to see the 959” cars come and play regardless. What other options are there besides slowing down the other two?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
If this were true then why are they not allowed? As Dave said, I think the 25lbs is a joke in the big picture. Maybe their thought is that in the summer months the Nitrous cars will be at an advantage and on a year long basis it evens out? I would like to understand the thinking more..

·
Banned
9,328 Posts
Whats 50ci work out to in the 1/8? Wasn't Cox/Rini running a smaller engines in PDRA a couple years ago hanging out in the top of the field? Trying to remember what Rickie was running at PDRA, I think he was .06-.08 off what the top guys were running.

·
Registered
840 Posts
It doesn't matter if it's a 903 or a 959. NHRA will still have to make parity adjustments.

On another point, walk the pits after a round. The Nitrous guys are thrashing, the Blower guys are working, the Turbo guys are eating whatever the chef has prepared.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
It doesn't matter if it's a 903 or a 959. NHRA will still have to make parity adjustments.

On another point, walk the pits after a round. The Nitrous guys are thrashing, the Blower guys are working, the Turbo guys are eating whatever the chef has prepared.
Rickie lost the championship by one round !!! What turbo team has a chef lol I have a super sonic burrito at 7 am.... insert work here.... and taco bell at 10 pm

·
Banned
9,328 Posts
Having spent a lot of time around nitrous cars, and a season with a turbo car last year, the turbo car is way less work and easier on parts.

What if turbos had no boost limit but much smaller turbos so they hard like everyone else, would it be easier on parts then or same as it is now?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would dig seeing those cars in the NHRA but what happens if they do come in, have a performance advantage, and then nitrous teams that are running a 903 can’t compete with their nitrous peers? They’re really left out in the cold.

Unless there are weight breaks for different engine sizes but that adds more complexity that the NHRA probably doesn’t want to be involved in.

·
Registered
688 Posts
No doubt - That was a great Quarter Mile Blast! But one needs to recognize Scriba's 8th mile times were still about .08 slower than the best Pro Nitrous times were at the recent PDRA meet in VA.
Do you honestly think an 1/8 mile tune up can last in the quarter?

·
Banned
9,328 Posts
Looking back at Gainesville, Al Balooshi had a 1.933 backhalf in Q3. I would expect the big motor to have a little better than that, so I bet theres a low 60 in that thing!

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,878 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
No doubt - That was a great Quarter Mile Blast! But one needs to recognize Scriba's 8th mile times were still about .08 slower than the best Pro Nitrous times were at the recent PDRA meet in VA.

The gearing is a lot different for the 1/8 to the 1/4. you cold get it close with some testing and you may or would see mid .60's but that is based off my math not real world.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts