Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 z28, 383 stroker.

Long story short, I've owned the car since the spring. I recently found out that the not so mild vibration I have all throughout the rpms is because the flexplate still has a weight on it. Put a tci. Flexplate on it last night... vibration is still there. Apparently this new flexplate has a weight on it, Eben though its supposed to be neutral balanced. Tci Mister labled the part.... the part and box say the correct part number, but the flywheel itself is wrong. I don't want to pull the trans again this year, its going to be in storage in 3 weeks..... I paid someone to put it in last night.

So, its been ran with the weighted flex plate for 2 years (previous owner and then me) and multiple track days, street runs.

Should I just say fuck it and run it for the next 3 weeks, or park it? I don't want to pull the trans again until I have a converter for it...... but I want to drive it!!

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
Dont lt-1's use a weighted flywheel because of the one piece rear seal eliminating the rear counter weight? Been a while since messin with them but I thought that was the case.

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
Dont lt-1's use a weighted flywheel because of the one piece rear seal eliminating the rear counter weight? Been a while since messin with them but I thought that was the case.
most 383's are internally balanced and therefore dont use a weight on the flywheel

·
Eddie Haskell
7,849 Posts
climb under there, roll the engine over untill you see the weight and knock that phucker off with a chisel and hammer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts