Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys i have a twin turbo set up in my 83 cutlass at this time i have what i consider to be my good engine in the car

I have some low budget parts laying around that i could put together easy. What i was thinking was to go ahead and build the cheap engine and pull the good bullet out and put this one in. This way no matter if i choose to build my own carb, have the carb built by csu and pay some one to dyno and tune it i could learn to tune it myself. Then after i get the car running good and get the suspension figured out i could put the good engine back in... my good engine was built with racing in mind but i have since relocated and dont have anyone to guid me other than posting on forums and the track is about 1hr and 30 minutes away. i want to learn how to tune but dont want to kill my good stuff doing so........

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd say both. Nothing wrong with buying a part that works out of the box and learning why it works and how to adjust it for conditions or applications.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
^^^This. Also, use self-control and you will NEVER cost yourself an engine. Read the plugs, ask questions, search-search-search, sneak up on it, etc. You'll be fine!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have built my own carb and used both csu and a c&s. Buy a csu, they work the best with minimal tuning required and Kevin will give you all the help you need getting it perfect.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I have built my own carb and used both csu and a c&s. Buy a csu, they work the best with minimal tuning required and Kevin will give you all the help you need getting it perfect.

Terry your new avatar is very distracting

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have a csu on a customers car just got the car finished primed the carb it fired right up and idled out of the box. Csu is a nice peice looks like a lot of work to convert it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts