Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, on the weekend my partner and I were out at the track with a fresh engine that makes a little more horsepower than the previous one. The old one ran 7.20's on the eight and we managed 6.85 with the new combo.

Problem is, we had to drop one pound in the slicks to get traction. It's a regular cab S-10 long box, back halfed with ladders. The ladder bars are set to the lowest point (softest hit).

Once we had taken a pound out of the slicks (14X30 Goodyears at 6.5lbs, then at 5.5lbs) the 60's foot times went to 1.46 compared to 1.55 with the old combo. Also did a 1.55 at 6.5lbs with some spin with the new combo. The slicks have tubes in them as well.

Do you think I should move the bars up one? (only 3 holes to play with)

The engine is (for now) a 440 Chrysler with a 727 trans. Firewall is moved back about 10"-12", 9" ford with 4.88 gears. Not sure about converter, the powertrain is my buds... Mine will be going in next season (back to Chevy :) ).

·
Read Only
0 Posts
well moving it up a hole will make it hit harder. air the tires back to where they were, raise the bar a hole and see what it does. Its worth a try.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
What about the tubes in the slicks? Should they get tossed?

That'll get you many opinions.
I never ran them and never had any issues.
Just know that the harder you hit the tires, the more air in them you will need to keep from smashing them into the track.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That'll get you many opinions.
I never ran them and never had any issues.
Just know that the harder you hit the tires, the more air in them you will need to keep from smashing them into the track.
I've never ran the tubes in the 14x32's myself... but I bought the truck like that... Next set of tires are not going to have tubes in them.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
You didn't mention the shocks. Normally if the car likes the shocks looser (single adjustables anyway) it will like the bars moved up....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't seen an adjustment on the at all... they are a little bit soft which is where I used to set my Malibu. That's another one for the x-mas wish list ;)

·
Registered
788 Posts
there are definately mixed opinions on the tubes but I would say, for your combo, I would try them with out the tubes and put the pressure back up a little

1 - 10 of 10 Posts