Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
What are your thoughts on short wheelbase RED? 185"- 210" Just doing some research right now - looking for a cheap bracket ride, easy to work on that will fit into a smaller trailer. I drove one several years ago - hardtail with a mild SBC - ran low 10s. The hardtail was a little harsh.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Hey All,
What are your thoughts on short wheelbase RED? 185"- 210" Just doing some research right now - looking for a cheap bracket ride, easy to work on that will fit into a smaller trailer. I drove one several years ago - hardtail with a mild SBC - ran low 10s. The hardtail was a little harsh.
We ran a 210” rear engine dragster in 1980 that handled fine. Sbc with not even 600 hp. If that helps. That wasn’t considered short at the time.

·
T/S 368E
26,782 Posts

The one I was crew chief on this year was fine.
7.40's with no tuning.
I would highly recommend "not" getting some 30-40 year old junk, no matter how cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He bought it to fit inside the garage, he doesn't have a shop.

·
Registered
66,691 Posts
They work. Might be able to find a 'good' used one but the trend for decades has been longer wb. Talk to some chassis builders and see if they'd consider building one around a 4-link. That and a 600-700 hp small block --> golden. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Never owned one myself, but know several guys that have owned the Landsharks and one owned a 200" American. Seen them in the low 7's at Bandimere without issue. They maneuver well, and seem to be able to handle well at speed. My friend with the american car had a Sunset Racecraft SR20 615" in it and sprayed two kits, ran FAST 16 at Denver...never had an issue with the car.....The guys that run them seem to like them....

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
I had a 200" S&W that I ran for 2 years liked it a lot. Mild 383 and it ran 8.90 easy at 148. With little maintenance. Excellent bracket cars.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a 205 inch hard tail car with a decent small block several years ago. The only problem I ever had was if it was really, really cold it wouldn't hook like a car with suspension. I always thought because it was shorter it may have been stiffer. Couple of times when it was cold it would just spin the tires without trying to leave. It was a fun car to drive. It went 5.50's with a 355 probably 22-25 years ago. When I first bought it I hauled it on a open trailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts