Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/8 Hit on 2 stages still testing 1.26 5.05 144 3350#. Probably could use anti-roll bar...still tuning suspension too. Left @ total timing of 8* for 1.0 second...slick track. Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA7y1OJuVxE

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very soon you'll have two 4 second classic Camaro's. I'd be happier than hell to have just one!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx for the kind words. I worked hard for a long time, and did not start racing until later in life. After a number of other Sports fulfilled my competitive spirit, I have found a new challenge in Drag Racing. All in FUN for us. I have been very blessed, and do not take it for granted.

·
color me gone
1,418 Posts
great job fofo you have some nice looking cars and best of all they do run keep up the good work. and thanks for the share on the videos. so hows the other car coming along?
thanks
rob

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yeah that was madman in the vid.

Black car is coming along good should test this weekend if all goes well.

Robbie.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another video of the Lil Sumptin getting ready for the Burnout.

Yes, that was Madman helping us to get the suspension sorted out...old style ladder bar, no anti-roll bar, and trying to get 1400 HP to the hook @ 3350# on a 29.5 x 13.5 tire...LOL.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
A ladder bar car should really not need an anti-roll bar. If you are getting rotation, then something is bending.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thx. Respectfully, that is why Madman is working with me on the suspension, and he felt the car needed an anti-roll bar...all I do is Drive & Pay...LOL. It has been 1.23 best 60' with 7531 Box Launch Retard & Ramp to launch on less than perfect track.

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
No problem, I understand different perspectives. Just look closely to make sure everything is staying in place. The geometry of the ladders bars themselves prevents a great deal of the roll rotation of a car. Not trying to tell your business, just suggesting you look closely before welding something on that masks a differnet problem.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No problem, Kevin. It is not the best & latest ladder bar design for sure. I'm due to take it in to Madman to check every thing soon. I changed out the 10 bolt that was in the car when I bought it, to a very strong 9"...one thing at a time I guess...wish now I had updated the rear suspension to a 4 link.

Thx for the comments, David.

If you look at the video very closely, and stop the video just as it is raising the front tires, & is sitting on the bars, the car is twisted up to the right rear pretty good, wanting to lift the left front of the car. We have the shocks as tight (Rebound) as they can go...no more adjustment, and we now have the air pressure UP at 10# from as low as 8.5#.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts