Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a shortdeck 598 CI engine with 12° raptor heads and was wondering what all parts from a shortdeck will work on a tall deck with same bore as 598 which would be 615. Pistons? Heads? Rods? Cam? Crank? Timing belt system? Balancer, lifters Etc.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Eventually ALL part can be swapped from short to tall deck BUT pushrods, connecting rods, timing belt and need intake space. But if same bore and crank it will still be a 598.

But sounds like your staying bore size of 4.600 and adding stroke. So new belt drive or timing chain pushrods and intake spacer. And that really is about it if your getting a rotating assembly or short block. Also oil pan might need changing due to stroke not deck height.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eventually ALL part can be swapped from short to tall deck BUT pushrods, connecting rods, timing belt and need intake space. But if same bore and crank it will still be a 598.

But sounds like your staying bore size of 4.600 and adding stroke. So new belt drive or timing chain pushrods and intake spacer. And that really is about it if your getting a rotating assembly or short block. Also oil pan might need changing due to stroke not deck height.
I have a 598 short deck and was planning on stepping it up to a tall deck when it needs freshened with a 4.75 crank to make a 632. So your saying timing belt system, intake spacers, pushrods and obviously the block and crank would all be components needed correct?

·
T/S 368E
26,725 Posts

It's been 25 years, but I did this and it was simple and cheap.
Rods, push rods & intake and off I went.
Even the headers worked for both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts