Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
Pulling teeth How so? your initial question was really vague, and consequently drew vague answers..and still to this point you haven't even stated what block you have

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I think cylinder length should be considered as well. Piston position at BDC and ring seal are an important detail. Longer stroke engines can pull the piston further out of the bore at BDC. It depends on all of the components though. Block, cylinder length, stroke, rod length, piston compression height.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
also skirt length,,, did a nice 6" rod 383 and the piston skirt did not exit the bottom of the bore at BDC in a factory block. piston weight was about 400grams and the ring pack was very light also,, cant exactly remember the weight, but about 1/2 to 2/3rds of conventional I really like the combo

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is a challenging question, What would we say was or is the best combination for the short deck block ? cubic inch, crank and rod length, and most important cylinder head, on any power adder or horse power ?
The block is a dart Lil M pro block, D H 8.993

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Is there such thing as deck plates, plates that are made to go between block and heads and plate to accommodate intake to match, My thought is to raise a deck height. just food for thought.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
short answer yes. how much you need would be the issue I have done this with a block that was decked too much, or the pistons had extra compression height, in my case it was about only o.o60''

·
Registered
26,668 Posts
Is there such thing as deck plates, plates that are made to go between block and heads and plate to accommodate intake to match, My thought is to raise a deck height. just food for thought.
I think so, but it would have to be a little thinner then the top of the piston’s distance to the first ring. At least that’s how I’m thinking.

·
Registered
7,504 Posts
I don't know about permanent fixtures on the block with sleeves ,,, guess anything is possible, make your own tall deck.. One glaring problem with that standing out Immediately is the lack of water for cooling in that area and the boundary separation layer there also affecting cooling

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I dont think cooling would be a problem, the tallest sb deck right now is I believe is 9.5 another half inch wouldnt problematic cooling issue probably more intake alignment but im sure that can be resolve.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts