Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a challenging question, What would we say was or is the best combination for the short deck block ? cubic inch, crank and rod length, and most important cylinder head, on any power adder or horse power ?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a challenging question, What would we say was or is the best combination for the short deck small block ? cubic inch, crank and rod length, and most important cylinder head, on any power adder or horse power ?
I'm sorry small block.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
If I build another Turbo motor, it will a 3.625 stroke, 4.125/4.155 bore, 5.850 rod, Sleeperstang on here puts 60+ lbs of boost through a 9" deck motor,

·
Registered
26,668 Posts
Deck height is depending on how muc
What do you consider short deck?
I'm sorry small block.
The Pro Stock trucks ran the 8.3, to 8.7 deck. I don’t know what rod length, or stroke, and someone in the know will let’s us know I’m sure, but I do know I seen with my own eyes a 9 inch deck 360 sprint with standard cam location compared against a short deck, 55 millimeter raised cam, and the difference in performance impressed the hell out of me. But I’m sworn to secrecy.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what about nitrous motors, its the ring land when you want to get into the heavy nitrous, with a 4" crank and 6" rods, but im sure there is some folks that have press the limits.
those are the great stories.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You mean to tell me that we have givin up on the short decks and went with the the decks, so short deck cant run with a tall deck say on nitrous.

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Dart lil M pro block comes with a 9.025 deck and thats not stock, but considered a short deck.
think you're getting 9.250 and 9.025 confused on his post....each deck height probably has its handful of combos that fit it best...tall deck gives you room to put things where you like on a big cube nitrous combo and a little short deck allows you to keep things tight and light like a pro stocker

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Yeah, 9.025 is stock sbc deck height, and the Little M comes with that height and most popular crank, rod, piston combos are based off a 9.00 deck,

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would say that a 421 is best with nitrous with that block spec. hands down.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What engine platform and performance goal?
what i'm really looking for is the last and final build with the block i currently have, looking to max it out. carburetor and nitrous, rod length, stroke etc, but its hard on this forum its like pulling teeth.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts